Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I'm not afraid of no crow!

Hi again everyone!  It's already hump day so soon the weekend will be upon us!  We continue to have gorgeous weather, and the weatherman even says to expect temperatures to dip into the high 30's on Thursday and Friday night!  I love this cooler weather, and am looking forward to it.  My husband has the wood ready for the fireplace and I have some homemade potato soup made for supper!

Here's a card I made over the weekend for the Paper Ala Mode challenge at the Outlawz.  The theme is "In the Cornfield" so we are to bring pumpkins and scarecrows.  I brought both with this cute new image from Squigglefly by Judith Hart called simply Scarecrow.  I added a great Happy Halloween sentiment by Charlene Mitchell and a glittered up bat to finish it off.  (note - the Halloween sentiment will be added to the store soon!  It comes with three more Halloween sentiments!)


I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the sky.  I used a little bit of blue and gray for the sky.  I didn't want to make it completely dark because he's got a little butterfly on his hand and I don't think butterflies fly at night!  I also chalked a little inside the sentiment while I still had it in the oval die.

Okay, that's it from me today.  I have one more card to share with you tomorrow so please come back!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, such a cute image! Wonderful card Holly, love all the orange!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous card with wonderful autumn hues. The potatoe soup sounds yummy.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}