Friday, October 4, 2013

NEW ARTISTS & birthday fishes

Hello and yay for Friday!  Tomorrow a cool front is supposed to move through the state and temperatures will be in the low 50's - maybe even mid forties!  I am so ready!  Mosquitoes and humidity have been just awful here.  I'm also anxious to see the beautiful colors on the trees this Fall.

I have a birthday card to share with you today.  I started this a while back, but it sat on my desk unfinished for the longest time!  So long, I ended up giving the person this started for a store bought card! (gasp!)

Anyway - I used Birthday Fish by Diana Garrison.  I colored with Copic markers and added a little bitty amount of yellow stickles on the gold fish.  


The background was embossed with a bubbles embossing folder and then I rubbed a white chalk ink pad over it in places.  I placed a drop of crystal lacquer on the bubbles.  Here's a close up of the fish:




Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog.  I know I have been SUPER bad about leaving comments on blogs lately, but I DO go visit them!  I just have been so busy with so many things.  Some days I don't even know where my time goes!

Anyway, have a really great weekend.  I am going to use my usual grocery shop/cook thing, but I am going to make time to meet up with a friend for lunch on Sunday!   Oh - we have new artists joining Squigglefly in October!  It's the husband-wife team of Carmen and Graham Gamble!  I am so excited for you to see their art work.  Debbie actually has a sneak peek on her blog!

12 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute image and that embossing folder is so perfect for water.

Lenoria said...

Hi Holly,
I love this card! Sometimes life just kind of sneaks up on us and the year is almost gone before we know it! It is cooler here and the Dogwoods are turning red. I am not like you, I am not crazy about winter, but I love fall and spring.

Tammy said...

I love the background Holly! Perfect for the adorable image! Have a wonderful weekend!

Shawna said...

Love the little sparkles on the fish and the sanded embossed background is a great faux bubble idea. Enjoy your lunch get-together!!

Linda W. said...

Oh my - how beautiful HOLLY; love the background and that awesome fish!

Faith A said...

Perfect embossing, bubbles everywhere, love it

Desire Fourie said...

This s such a fun birthday design. Loving embossed background which looks like bubbles.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Desire Fourie said...

Such a fun birthday card. Love The embossed background which looks like bubbles.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

vicki said...

This is so adorable!! Love the colours too!! I have also done the same as you made a card, left it on my workspace and bought a store one he he!! Great job though turned out lovely!!

Vic

nwilliams6 said...

Not sure how I missed this Holly! Darling card and the Stickles added a lot. I forget to finish or mail cards all the time - so I know how it happened. I actually still have a card for you! Bad me! Hugz!!!!

Beth Schreiber said...

Cute card! Love the coloring.....wish I had the patience for that: so many adorable stamps out there to color.

JoAnn Graham said...

Love the details on this card. Especially the shiny bubbles and the glitter on the gold fish...beautiful!