Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Thankful wreath

Hi everyone!  Well here is a card I started last weekend.  It was intended to be for Squigglefly's "leave me be" challenge, but I didn't get to finish it in time.  The lovely Autumn Wreath is by 
Elizabeta Kushner .  The sentiment in the center is from a set of sentiments by




The background paper is some I crumpled up a few times and then I rubbed some Creamy Caramel ink over it.  I colored the leaves with Copic markers and then cut them out and mounted them on top with some foam dots.  I curled some of the leaves for added dimension.

I used some brown yarn to wrap around the paper layer and I tied a bow and stuck it down with a glue dot.  I love how the leaves and the background paper turned out, but the white in the middle looks a little stark now that I see it in a photo on this blog.  In person I don't notice the starkness.

Our cool weather has left us for a while.  Today is supposed to be nearly 80, but at least the nights are still nice.  Wishing you a lovely day where ever you happen to be!

6 comments:

Shawna said...

Pretty! Love how you utilized the wreath image and background to make your eye travel right to the sentiment.

Linda W. said...

Just beautiful Holly! Great ideas there!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Holly! Love the crumbled paper!

bumblebee creations said...

love this Holly--what a perfect wreath for the sentiment!

Charlene Mitchell said...

You've coloured the wreath so beautifully Holly - I love the colours! Thanks for using my sentiment too - it works great with this!

Elizabeta Kushner said...

Beautiful colors! Great work! :)