Monday, November 18, 2013

Skinny Jeans



Hi everyone!  I hope you had a good weekend.  Mine was okay.  I didn't get enough sleep on Friday night, so Saturday was kind of spent in a fog.  Yesterday was spent catching up on stuff I didn't do on Saturday - plus it was hot as heck!  What's up with the weather turning tropical all of the sudden?  It was 80+ degrees yesterday!  

Well, as promised here's the card I made for Stephanie using the sentiment I made with her funny ending.  I once again used the Up A Few Pounds image from Squigglefly, but I turned the card around and used some different designer paper and some purple rain dots in the corners.  





I had to take Baxter to the vet on Saturday.  He has been scratching at his eye the last few days, and I noticed on Friday that the hair around his left eye was sparse and the skin was red around it.  It reminded me of that mange he had around his mouth last year.  The vet said it was just an allergic reaction to something.  I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the leaves because I had him playing in a pile of leaves a few days ago.  In any case, we have to rub this ointment around his eye and on his chin twice a day for about ten days.  I could already see a difference in how it looked yesterday morning.  He is so good and trusting letting me medicate him.

Today begins a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog!  This week's challenge is as easy as they come - just add ribbon or lace to your project!  I hope you'll play along with us this week!  I'll be back tomorrow to show you a couple of cards I made for some challenges.  Enjoy your Monday!


4 comments:

Shawna said...

Poor Bax ---- he's so lucky to have found you! How's Riley doing? LOVE that sentiment on your card; just too funny. So glad you are back to making cards on a regular basis!!

Faith A said...

Great to see you again and love this card

bumblebee creations said...

awwww...poor puppy! Love your card Holly!! I feel like the gal in that image today! : (

Tammy said...

Ahh, poor Baxter! Love your card and great sentiment! Love the great background too!