Tuesday, November 12, 2013

That's not a carrot - it's my NOSE!

Hi everyone!  Today's card was made for last week's Paper Ala Mode challenge at the Outlawz where the theme was Snowmen.  Unfortunately I didn't finish it in time to enter the challenge - but yesterday's Greeting Card challenge at the Outlawz has SNOW for the theme, so I'm still able to use this card for a challenge!



This image is one from Squigglefly and it's drawn by Judith Hart.  It's called  I Smell Carrots.  I just love the subject matter of so many of Judith's images.  I colored this with Copic markers and added a little bit of stickles to the snowman.  I used some snow tex at the bottom for the snow.  With some snowflake paper and big chunky snowflake at the top I'd say that I have the snow part of the challenge covered!

There is a freeze warning in effect for us tonight, which I am so excited about!  The temperatures are supposed to be dropping all day today and end up in the mid twenties.  Tomorrow the high is only going to be about 45, so I am taking half a day off so that we can get the dogs out into the woods.  We have all been anxiously waiting for it to get cold enough to be able to enjoy the woods.






5 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card, Holly. I love the layout.

Shawna said...

Cute! Love that Christmasy plaid circle in the background. Enjoy your time outdoors with the dogs!

Tammy said...

Adorable card Holly! Love your snow! Have a great time in the woods tomorrow!

Faith A said...

Aw! what a cutesy image, love the card

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
What a cute card. Your snowman shading and sparkle and sky are looking beautiful.

Late comment: Thank you for the hilarious birthday card! You have a unique way of making my favorite kind of card "gotcha-card" and making it look adorable!

Hugs,
Terri

PS: What is invisible and smells like carrots?
You probably know the answer...