Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Post That Almost Wasn't

Hi everyone!  Welcome to the blog post that almost didn't happen!  I had a date last night with my best friend to go to the library to see a Recovery 9/11 exhibit.  I was supposed to go to her house after work, and then we were going to go from there. The problem is it completely slipped my mind and she called me minutes after I arrived at home to remind me!  I rushed to her house full of apologies and we went to the exhibit.  Very thought provoking and sad - not to mention the library itself brought up recollections of our high school years since it's the same library we went to all through high school!  

Anyway, I get home from that and Brock is wiped out.  He had spent the day blowing all of our leaves out to the street for the leaf collector.  The dogs on the other hand are full of energy, happy to see someone not wiped out!  LOL!  After playing with them a bit, I went and took my bath and if Brock hadn't still been wiped out I probably wouldn't have taken the time to do this blog post!  But he was, so you all get to see my offering for the day.



I made this for the Free4All Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers where they challenged us to make a birthday card.  My birthday card is in dire straits and really needed a few more, so I was all in!

My card uses an image from Squigglefly called Allie Kisses A Bluebird   and is drawn by Cheryl Grant Alger.  The sentiment is also from Squigglefly and is called A Little Birdie by Jess Holland.  

I colored with Copic markers and chalked the sky.  The grass was over stamped with some grass sprigs, and I added a little button in the center of the sentiment.

6 comments:

Linda W. said...

I never know how to treat circular sentiments - a BUTTON - just perfect! I love this card - and I have that stamp - so wallah - you are yet another inspiration! You had quite a day/nite tho! Have a restful day today Holly.

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, Holly. Your coloring is fabulous.

Tammy said...

Somedays are like that! Hopefully you're done for a while! Love the card and I especially love how you used the button, very clever!

bumblebee creations said...

acckkkk...this is so stinkin' cute!! gorgeous coloring! I am so bummed with myself I made two Happy Birthday cards the other day, and I sent them out and THEN realized I hadn't taken photos of them yet! Hate it when that happens! : (

Faith A said...

Great image, (just love Cheryl) and you've coloured her beautifully.

nwilliams6 said...

Such a cute image and your sky is perfect on this as is your coloring! So glad you had time to make it. Your story of forgetting about the library sounds like me these days - just too much going on to remember it all - especially late in the day. Hugz!