Monday, December 9, 2013

A Day For Challenges

Hi everyone!  Well, we didn't get as much ice as they had been predicting, and for that I am grateful.  I wasn't relishing losing trees or power!  It was enough ice though to have work cancelled for the day.  I spent a lot of time making cards.

Yesterday while I was making cards I received such a special surprise.  The doorbell rang and it was the mailman.  I was surprised to see him delivering mail to me on a Sunday, and I was also surprised that he had managed to walk up our icy (and very steep hill) driveway!  But the biggest surprise was what was in the big box he handed me.  Squigglefly design team member Pat Martin posted a fantastic piece of art on her blog a week or so ago.  Go see it HERE.  Well, she sent it to ME!  I just love it, and will be displaying it every Christmas.  It's so pretty and I can't thank her enough for it!

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I made for the Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  This artist has a ton of cards in her gallery that I loved.    I CASED this card  and then made another one CASING this card.


This is one of the newest images at Squigglefly.  It's by Cheryl Grant Alger and is called
Wind In My Hair.  I colored with Copic markers and added some snowflake dots with white gesso.  I used a little bit of crystal lacquer for the ice.
The sentiment is a new one from Elizabeta Kushner called Holiday Greeting.  I added a couple of punched snowflakes and pearls.  This card also qualifies for the following challenges:
Digi Haven - Christmas
Delicious Doodles - Christmas
Card Making Mamas - Christmas
Creative Corner - Christmas

Speaking of challenges, Squigglefly has a new one today too and my first card fits it because the challenge is Christmas!  Come play with us!



My second card uses a snowman by Carmen Gamble called It's Snowing!   I colored with Copic markers and again used white gesso to dot some snowflakes in the sky.  The snow under the snowman is puffed paint.  I computer generated the sentiment.  I loved the sentiment on the card I was CASING because I needed a birthday card and don't always want to use snowmen for Christmas.  I added a couple of buttons and some cording.   This card also qualifies for Card Crafters Circle Challenge - Celebrations.

I will be leaving for a work a little late this morning because I want to wait until someone else from work has traveled the roads so they can let me know if they are good or not.  I am a chicken when it comes to driving on roads with ice patches!  I wish you all a great day!

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Both are such cheerful creations with wonderful designs.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Tammy said...

Love both of your cards Holly! Images are too cute and the sentiments are perfect! Stay safe!

wannabcre8tive said...

Beautiful Christmas cards and your coloring is fabulous. What a nice surprise on a snowy day, that is a beautiful present.

Be careful out on those icy roads today.

designermc said...

I love your card and all the accents. The ice accent is so fun. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner.
Nancy,DT

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Too cute!! Love your cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Card Makin' Mamas, Susan x

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

wow those are 2 really awesome cards!!! Love the colors you have used as well as the sweet images!

Thanks for joining at Delicious doodles challenges. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe your cards are super cute! !! And what a fabulous piece of art you received as a gift. You are a very lucky gal!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Sara S. said...

Your cards are great! Thanks for "celebrating" with us at Card Crafter's Circle this week!

Carmen said...

Awesome card! The gesso worked really well as snow!