Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Crazy weather


Hi everyone!  Well today it's supposed to be in the low to mid 70's and tomorrow they are calling for a cold front to move in and winter weather in the form of freezing rain will be moving in tomorrow night!  Isn't that nuts?  I for one will be just like this little guy


Yep - that's me holding up my "let it snow" sign!  This is a card I made a while back for a one layer card challenge, but I wasn't happy with my snowflakes so I never posted it.  The snowman is one from Carmen Gamble called Let It Snow Man.  I printed it on to kraft card stock and used colored pencils to color the image.  The snow bank was sponged on white ink.  Then I messed everything up by using a white gel pen to draw on some snowflakes.  I guess I should have known better because I'm no artist - that's why there are such great digi stamps out there!


10 comments:

Tammy said...

Nonsense! The snowflakes are perfect and add charm to your sweet card!

Stef H said...

very cute! love the snow hills!

same here. rain, fog and in the high 60s. tomorrow we bottom out to freezing and a high on saturday expected to be 10F. WTF?????

hugs :)

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful snow scene and I love the falling snowflakes.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Linda W. said...

Holly, how dare you not post this darling sweetie! The snowflakes go perfect with the cartoon like character from Carmen. You did awesome and didn't realize it; glad you posted today!

wannabcre8tive said...

Very cute, I love how you sponged the white snow on the kraft paper. You can have my share of snow/ice that we are suppose to get. :)

Lenoria said...

I love this card AND your snowflakes! If you had not told us I would have thought they were part of the picture which you had added white to in order for them to stand out. Thanks for sharing.

Shawna said...

I think your snowflakes are great! They add that bit of country charm to your cute card! As I sit here writing this it is 12 degrees outside...............

rocqee said...

I agree with everyone about your snowflakes! This is sooooo charming! And I love snowmen! Must get this one.

Faith A said...

This is lovely, and as for the snowflakes I think they suit the little snowman perfectly.

Pat said...

You have nothing to complain about-every snowflake is unique! Love the card!