Saturday, December 21, 2013

unexpected post

Well, here I am back after I just told you all that I wouldn't be back until after Christmas, but today I made a couple more last minute things and I wanted to share them with you.  My best friend asked me if I would  make a card for a friend of hers.  This friend had been teasing her saying that he needed a Rolex watch for Christmas, so she asked me to make a card that had a pop up of a picture of a Rolex.  This is the card I made


The image is one from Squigglefly called Hang Ten by Cheryl Grant Alger.   I colored it with Copic markers and chalked the sky and then added some white gesso snowflakes.  The snow bank was glittered and then I cut up pieces of holographic tinsel.  It was messy, but I do like the look!  Here's a close up 



The sentiment was computer generated.  I then added a punched and glittered snowflake.  I found a picture of a Rolex I liked and printed it out to the right size.  Since the watch in the photo had little diamonds, I added some glitter to mine!


She said he loved it, so that's all that matters.

Then today I was wrapping gifts.  I wanted to give twenty-five dollars to my boss's kids, but I didn't just want to give them money or a gift card.  I wanted to present the money in a fun way.  I have already given them a wreath that I made HERE , so I was playing around with different things to do and came up with these little Christmas trees.  


I was in a hurry, but I think with a little more time you could dress these up by wrapping them with miniature lights, or something.  I will try to get a tutorial up on these soon.  The stars are a Spellbinders die that I applied yellow stickles to.  
Here's a closer look.




Okay, I think I'm done now!  Merry Christmas to you all!

10 comments:

Shawna said...

LOVE that card!!! That large glitter on your snow bank is just the right touch. Thanks for the idea for money presentation. I usually give the older grandkids money and I always try to come up with a different way to present it. Thanks to you I will have another option in my arsenal. Merry Christmas Holly!

Faith A said...

FABULOUS IDEA, love those little money trees

Faith A said...

Sorry forgot to say, love your brill Rolex card too

Stef H said...

so that's where MONEY TREE comes from huh? I love the rolex card and the trees are... well everyone wants one, right?

guess what I got for xmas? SICK. i'm freakin' sick. i'm NEVER sick! I feel like I've got a urinary infection, a sinus infection and strep throat all wrapped into ONE! I feel crappy! and I hate that i'm missing church! but... i'm sure i'll start the new year off with a smile and lots of blessings!

speaking of blessings.... wishing you and yours tons of happy blessings in the new year and a wonderful Christmas!

hugs :)

Tammy said...

OH goodness the Rolex card is such a pretty card and the inside is so unexpected! Love the trees, clever idea!

nwilliams6 said...

What a fabulous idea on the card and the money! I am going to definitely use the tree idea! This is amazing stuff here Holly! Hope your Christmas is wonderful and that 2014 is really wonderful for you. Thanks for everything! Hugz!!!!! Lots of them.

Pat said...

hA! I love your christmas trees made with bills! I'll have to try that! Great ideas, Holly. Thanks for the inspiration, and Merry Christmas!

bumblebee creations said...

love your little money Christmas Trees!! Your watch card is gorgeous too Holly!-You are just the most creative person I know!!

Desire Fourie said...

Just love your card with the surprise on the inside and also the creative way with the money.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 130,000 Page View Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Steph said...

If only I had a money tree....so cute!