Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Wreath & tag

Hi everyone!  Well my boss told me to stay home for another day so I took advantage and got my grocery shopping and cooking for the week finished.  I was sure a sight though trying to get my groceries home!  We have a very steep hill, so when the threat of ice came I parked in a church parking lot next to our house.  Walking from the house to the lot took some effort however!  It took me three trips to bring the groceries inside, and I fell about six different times!  The dogs were going wild seeing me fall.   

The good news is that I did accomplish the task and got everything done!  

Here's a card I made over the weekend with a beautiful Holly Wreath  by Pamela Lehto and a new sentiment by Elizabeta Kushner called Christmas Greeting.  


I colored the image with Copic markers and then added some glue drops to the holly berries and then sprinkled on some shredded red glitter.  The sentiment was made into a little tag and tied with some red floss.  I added some of the shredded red glitter to a snowflake and adhered it to the ribbon.

This is for the Squigglefly Challenge - Christmas Spirit
365 Cards - 2X3 where you use 2 of something.  I used two digital stamps
and Free for All at Splitcoast Stampers - use holiday greenery

I hope you have a great day whatever you're up to and wherever you are!



14 comments:

PennyDuncan said...

Very pretty.......Enjoy your day being tucked inside and warm......Ouch on the fall.....that was super nice of your boss!!!!

Stef H said...

beautiful card. maybe you should invest in a shopping cart (foldable) and keep it in the truck of the car!!! sure glad you weren't hurt. don't make me worry about you!!!!

sending warm hugs :)

Stef H said...

o wait... u like the cold. ok. just sending hugs :)

Faith A said...

Love love the card.


Sorry to hear about your falls, hope the weather warms up a bit for you!

We have it very mold at the moment 10C

Linda W. said...

Super cute Holly - here's hoping you don't have to go outside for awhile again too! I can see the dogs having a blast tho!

Shawna said...

This is just beautiful Holly! Hope you guys didn't get hit too bad with this awful weather. We've been below zero.

Reflections from Granny said...

Very Pretty card, stay warm and toasty, I'm in the bitter cold zone in NY also, burr!!! Hugs, Lori m

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
What a beautiful card and image! Your coloring is awesome!!!

Tammy said...

Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell! Next time tie a sled to the dogs and let them pull the groceries home! Very pretty card, love the tag sentiment!

Lenoria said...

This is a very pretty card and I'm glad you got to enjoy at least part of your day off! I'm glad you didn't get hurt with the falls. I'm not much of a cold weather person although everything looked gorgeous this morning with the frost frozen and making a postcard scene. There is a big difference in cold weather and ice, at least if it is only cold/snowy you can still get out and about but if it is icy, it is just dangerous.

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty, Holly! I love the tag within the sentiment. Goodness, take it easy on that ice!

Linda W. said...

I love your card - started coloring the same image last nite (in 4's) and I put the sentiment directly in the center and printed altogether. My goodness that holly is small, isn't it! Makes a very delicate card! Beautiful!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous work on the challenge this week! That stamp is lovely and the embossing in the background is just stunning! Cheers, Holley

nwilliams6 said...

Holly, this is so cute! I love the tag in the middle and this great image. Your card is wonderful. I am soooo late commenting on the challenge - I am behind two weeks - but I didn't want to miss the cards so I am trying to catch up on all the great cards. Hugz!!!!