Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Dog Lover's Valentine

Hi everyone!  Well, I fought a hard fight.  I tried to be so diligent and avoided anyone who was sick, and  I washed my hands a lot more often, but the crud caught me!  It started off with just a lot of sneezing and my nose running non-stop.  I took antihistamine/decongestant and my nose dried up, but then it all moved to my chest.  I think I coughed more than I slept last night.  Tonight I'm dosing up on Nyquil and slathering on the Vick's!

We had another night of really cold temps, but I think today we start a steady warm up.  I love the cold, but when the wind chill is negative something that's a bit much.  It wouldn't be so bad if we had at least gotten a little snow, but we got all the cold with none of the benefits!

Today I've got a Valentine card I made for my dental hygienist.  She has a couple of boston terriers and we always exchange dog stories when I go in to have my teeth cleaned.  So I knew as soon as I saw this adorable Boston Terrier image by Enid Barnes that I'd have to use it to make her a card, and with Valentine's Day right around the corner a Valentine it is!


I colored the image with Copic markers, although it didn't require much coloring!  The sentiment was computer generated.  The background paper is some wrapping paper that has dog paw prints all over it, but you can't really tell that because most of the prints are covered up!  I added a little heart button that has a fuzzy little paw print on it.

I am entering this card in the Clean and Simple challenge at the Outlawz and the Copic and Promarker challenge at the Outlawz which both have the theme "something new".  I'm using a brand new digi by a brand new artist at Squigglefly!

Enid Barnes has so many other dog breeds, and other animals too!  I love everything of hers I've seen.  If you missed the new release at Squigglefly, you should go check them out now!




7 comments:

Stef H said...

super cute card.

that's how mine started and I now have bronchitis... which I've had since 12.21 and it's still lingering. cough, cough, cough and yet doc says my throat and ears are clear! wth???? and then I find out once you get bronchitis... it becomes CHRONIC. so I can (and probably will) get it again. YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. this is NOT fun. especially with below 0 temps and a dog with a hurt foot that still wants to go out 3x a day. at least she lets me put socks on her feet.

I feel your pain and praying for a quick recovery.

hugs :)

Desire Fourie said...

This is such a perfect Valentines card for man or from a man. Love the sentiment.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

bumblebee creations said...

I hope you feel better real soon!!

Shawna said...

Ooooh, take care of yourself, that crud is going into pneumonia for a lot of people. My poor DIL went through labor, then surgery with the flu just after Christmas then ended up in the emergency room three times because of issue with her incision because of the terrible cough she has. So, it COULD be worse, although I am sure it doesn't seem like it. Please take care! As for your card, I absolutely love it. That image is fabulous and as always, you have made the perfect card! She doesn't happen to have a wire hair or a chiweenie does she? Guess I better go look!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is such a cute card. I love this sweet little boston face. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Tammy said...

Oh Holly I hate hearing that you are sick, feel better soon and stay away from everyone! Your card is absolutely wonderful, definitely a wonderful rendition of the Boston Terrier!

Faith A said...

LOVE this card and the sentiment, you always seem to have just the right one :)

Hope you are feeling better and your weather is warming up a bit. It seems we can expect your weather soon, except it will be bringing MORE rain to the UK and we are already drowning.