Wednesday, January 15, 2014

bee happy

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I think Mother Nature is loving playing on a see saw with the weather!  Nearly 70 on Monday, 60 yesterday and take a look at the rest of the week



The card I'm sharing today is one that I really like how it turned out, but man it was hard to get a good picture of it so you could see what I see!  I hate when that happens, don't you?  I made this for an online friend who is going to have knee replacement surgery soon.  She also happens to love bees!


The two bees at the top are from a set of three different bees in Bee Set and are by 
Pamela Lehto.  I love them all.  I think they look so happy!  The Bee Happy is by 
Dawn Collins, and it portrays just what I want to say as well as going perfectly with these bees!  

I colored everything with Copic markers and added glitter to the little bee's wings.  I cut the bees out and attached them to some strips of clear acetate so it would make them float and wiggle above the card.  I used wire for their antennae because cutting around antennae is just too hard!

Here's a picture I took of the card laid flat hoping to give you a better look.  


I think she will really like this card, and I hope you do too!  See ya'll tomorrow!

7 comments:

Faith A said...

Oh! that weather is a "little" up and down isn't it? The temperatures wouldn't bother me at the moment just would love some sun, instead of rain rain and more rain.

Never mind, your little card is a picca-upper :) if it brought sunshine to me it will bring to your friend also, love that the bees are on acetate, buzzing along :)

*Vicki* said...

Hello Holly!! :) I'm glad you found me again!! I had deleted my other blog and had to start over! Sorry, I thought you knew. Your bee creation is absolutely adorable!! Love the hexagons! :) Hope all is well with you! HUGS

Tammy said...

You should be thrilled with the upcoming temperatures! Your card is just too cute for words, love the entire design!

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness, this is just the Bees Knees!! Heehee, that is one of my daughters fav saying, and I thought it fit here....knee surgery, cute little bees....

Pammie said...

Bee-utiful card Holly. Love how you colored the checkered middle of the one bee.

Hugs, Pammie

Pammie said...

Bee-utiful card Holly. Love how you colored the checkered middle of the one bee.

Hugs, Pammie

Steph said...

Oh how cute!! Love these bees!