Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Heartfelt Thank You

Hi everyone!  I slept much better last night despite the fact that when I got home from work our water pipes were frozen so I couldn't get a hot bath.  We had water everywhere but in the master bedroom shower and the hallway bath tub - go figure!   So, after filling a container numerous times with hot water from the bathroom sink, I had enough water in the tub to simulate a bath!

I did the Vicks thing on my chest, took some Nyquil and went to sleep.  I remember coughing a few times, but nothing too bad.  However, when I got up this morning my husband said "you coughed a lot last night".  Maybe he needs to take some Nyquil along with me so I don't disturb him!  LOL!

Okay, today I have a card for Squigglefly's challenge which is to make a thank you card.  There is an optional twist to use some kind of embossing.  I used two kinds of embossing on my card.


The image is one of the new ones in the store by Pamela Lehto.  It's called Heart Bow.  The "thank you" stamp is from Stampin Up!'s Short and Sweet set.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  Now, when it came to the lace I got tense.  I don't like leaving white things just white.  I feel like they need some kind of coloration to bring out the depth.  I finally opted for really like neutral and cool grays.  Sometimes I got with a pale blue.  I'd love to know what you do for white things.  Do you think the grays make this look like the white ruffles are dirty?

Once the image was colored and cut out, I put it on an old mouse pad and used an embossing stylus to bring out more depth.  I traced over the lines inside the heart and pushed the lower folds down with the stylus.  Then I flipped it over and pushed the other ruffles out.  I also puffed up the bow some.  I know it's hard to see in the photo, but the person receiving it will be able to see it and feel the dimension.  Here's a close up to help, but it's still hard to see


The card base is of course embossed with a Cuttlebug hearts folder.  The inside of the card says "From the bottom of my heart" that I computer printed out.  I hope you'll play along in Squigglefly's challenge too!



8 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

this is fabulous!! I love how you fussy cut out around the heart to really make it pop!! Thanks for playing along with Squigglefly this week!!

bumblebee creations said...

P.S. Hope you are feeling better today!! : )

Steph said...

very cute Holly....It must be time to dig out my heart stamps!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is a very pretty Thank You card!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Great design, and I love the way you added texture to your heart.
I know what you mean about 'white' images and I usually add some grey too.
Caroline xxx

Tammy said...

Glad you slept a little better, they claim you should also put Vick's on your feet and cover them with socks! I know, doesn't make sense, but others swear by it! Love your gorgeous card, the heart is sensational!

nwilliams6 said...

Holly, I am glad you got some sleep and an almost hot bath. At least you didn't have burst pipes. Our office had a burst pipe last night and it exploded, flooded our office, brought the ceiling down on our computers and papers - it was a mess. We had to move today. Then I got home and our water line had burst all over our yard. Hope it wasn't like that all day - the bill is going to be awful! Urgh!!!

Love this image and it looks great with that ef you used. Lovely! Hugz!

Faith A said...

Great card.

I'm like you grey or blue on white, whichever goes best with the rest.