Monday, January 13, 2014

It's a dog's life

Hi everyone!  I hope your weekend was fun and relaxing.  I had a pretty good one myself.  On Saturday I got so much stuff done!  I got all my grocery shopping and cooking for the week done and I even managed to clean most of the house!  The weather this weekend was just beautiful.  Highs in the 60's and sunshine, but there was a good breeze so it didn't get too warm.  

Yesterday's clean and simple challenge at the Outlawz was to make a card showing what the weather is like in your part of the world so I chose an image called Park Life Dog by
  Judith Hart to show how perfect the weather was over the weekend.  Of course, that can change in a heartbeat and it could be 20 degrees tomorrow!  LOL!



I colored the image with Copic markers and used chalk for the sky.  The sentiment is one from Charlene Mitchell.  It comes in a set called Thinking Of You 1, and it has the same sentiment done three different ways.   I added a couple of green staples at the top corners and two little green rain dots on the sentiment.

Don't forget that Squigglelfy has a new challenge on their blog today!   It was so nice to see several people took advantage of the freebies to play in last week's challenge!   If you don't have any Squigglefly images, you can still play.  If you'd like to be eligible to win the prize though, you must use a Squigglefly image - so if you don't have one go check out the freebies!

4 comments:

Faith A said...

Aw! how cute, wish our weather looked like that :)

wannabcre8tive said...

Holly, your card is great. I love how the dog is waiting for that squirrel to finish his lunch. Then the chase will begin. :)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Cute card - love the warm colours.
Caroline xxx

Tammy said...

Adorable! Love the cute image and the way you colored the tree! Glad you had a great weekend!