Friday, January 10, 2014

Life's Short

Hi everyone.  Okay, I don't want to jinx it but I think I'm getting better!  I didn't cough near as much yesterday or last night!  We had a little bit of icing yesterday morning - in fact here are a couple of pictures I took from my drive way yesterday afternoon


 
It was just enough ice to give me the day off and I thoroughly took advantage of it!  I played n my craft room making cards while watching movies on Netflix and listening to a book on my IPod.

I made this card because my best friend called me up the other day and said "write this down!  Life Is Short - Play With Your Dog".  She said that she had read that on a bumper sticker and immediately thought that I could use it on a card.  Well the phrase stuck in my mind and I made this




The cute Basset Hound is one of the newly released images from Enid Barnes.   I computer generated the sentiment and am happily sharing it freely here.  Just click on the image and then right click and save it to your computer.


Okay - brace yourself.  I didn't used Copics to color this!  I actually broke out my colored pencils!  The little fire hydrant is a button that I got as a gift from a friend along with the polka dotted ribbon!   I also used a dog paws embossing folder on the card base.  I love this embossing folder, I mean how cute are little dog paw prints?!

Have a good weekend!  I'll be back on Monday!

12 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Awwwww, how cute. You have colored this image perfectly. I love all of the Enid Barnes images. Great sentiment, too.

Foofygirl said...

Greetings from Buffalo, NY! Holly, I'm glad you are feeling better and I just love your card today! Thank so much for sharing your sentiment. This couldn't have come at a better time. My Dad just lost a good friend yesterday, so I will use this and make him a 'feel better' card. Keep warm! Debbie Pokerwinski

Shawna said...

AWWWW!!!! So cute. And I think our dogs will agree! So glad you are feeling better!

Faith A said...

What beautiful views you have Holly, but looks so cold at the moment.

Love your card and the sentiment is so "cool", thanks

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I love that you used the colored pencils, Holly. They give a softness to the image. I just filled my mineral spirits bottle, so I can use mine also! Great card and thanks for the sentiment.

Loster said...

That dog is so cute - I love your card, and thanks for sharing your sentiment!

Tammy said...

Oh goodness what a wonderful sentiment, definitely will use it, thanks so much! Wonderful card, the image is so lifelike!

Stef H said...

sooooooooo glad you're feeling better. i'm till coughing and it's driving me nuts!!!! love the card and that fire hydrant button! your coloring is great with the pencils!

thank you so much for the sentiment too.

hugs :)

Lori m said...

Love the card, and thank you for the awesome sentiment, I'm glad your feeling better. Hugs, Lori m

rocqee said...

Thank you, so much, Holly, for the pictures you post. Of course your cards are always something special. I did some genealogy research in Randolph County AR in November a few years ago and for a SO Californian the changing of the season was so incredible. When I see your pictures I get out all the photos I took and relive that time. It really reaches the soul.

Patricia St Martin said...

Thanks for stopping by, it been a long time. Love your pictures they are so beautiful. I can remember that image and the artist did a fantastic job creating it, you did a wonderful job. Your dog was it Riley? do you still have him?
Hugs, Pat

nwilliams6 said...

Holly, this is so cute! The image is adorable and I love that saying! How fun your friend is looking out for fun sayings so you can put them on cards - what a good friend. My daughters do that too and I love it. Glad you are feeling better! Your driveway scene is beautiful. Stay warm. Hugz!