Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Polka Dot Teaparty

Hello everyone!  It has been a long time since I've participated in one of Mothermark's Teapartys at Splitcoast Stampers,  but with my mojo finally back I was able to make a card for it this week.  I'm really happy to take part in this one because our cards are going to a very special two year old girl.  Jasmine was diagnosed with Leukemia at 6 months old and fought the next 10 months for her life and was put into remission in November 2012.  For one year she got to be a "normal" child, until two days before Christmas, she was taken to the ER and flown to nearby Children's Hospital only to find out that she now has cancer in her brain and spinal fluid.  She was immediately started on Chemo and is now waiting for a bone marrow transplant.  She will not be leaving the hospital for months.  Jasmine likes animals and sparkle, so I picked a pretty polka dotted elephant named Penelope drawn by Dawn Collins   .  What little girl wouldn't love a purple elephant with pink polka dots?


I colored everything with Copic markers and then I added glitter to the polka dots.  I saved the little circles that fell out of the border punch and glued them on randomly at the top of the card.  The sentiment was computer generated.  I hope my card brings a smile to Jasmine and that her parents feel the love and prayers in each card their daughter receives!

10 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute, I love the image, the purple/pink combo and the glittery dots.

seau said...

OMG, Holly, this is adorable. I love the pokey dot purple elephant. You did a wonderful job on creating a cute card. TFS

Lenoria said...

This is SO CUTE! I love the polka dot elephant. I definitely think it should make her smile.

Steph said...

I love the polka dot elephant. That little girl is going to love this card!

Shawna said...

Jasmine will LOVE this card!!!

Faith A said...

Oh! how awful for Jasmine and the family.

They will certainly feel the prayers and love with this fab card, just love the colours and the polka dot elephant :)

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness Holly is this just the cutest card!!! Love the polka dot elephant!! Hope you are feeling all better!

Wishcraft said...

Oh very cute! Love all the spots and that fab elephant :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tammy said...

Oh how sad and tragic but hopefully the card will help cheer her! Love the purple and pink!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

So lovely! I never thought to give her glitter spots - gorgeous :) Thanks for making my Elephant look so pretty! I hope she brings a smile.