Monday, January 6, 2014

So many birthday, so few cards!

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a really nice vacation over the holidays, but I also hope that you are happy and excited to have my blog posts as well as Squigglefly's challenges start back up!  If you missed Squigglefly's new release on Saturday, you need to go take a look!  We are welcoming a new artist -
  Enid Barnes!  She does wonderful animals that I am so excited about!  The design team is really loving her work and I know that all of you will too!

Squigglefly's challenges start back up today with Rhonda's team.  The challenge this week is to make a thank you card and use some kind of embossing on your card.  It can be any kind of embossing you choose - heat embossing or use an embossing folder!

I haven't had time to make a card for that challenge, but I do have a birthday card to share!  I am always needing birthday cards, so those are the top on my list of cards to make.  This card uses an image from Cherly Grant Alger called Country Birdhouse Duo.  The sentiment is from 
Jess Holland and is called "birdie full day".




I colored the image with copic markers and chalked the sky.  I used a copper colored curly q clippie on the side of the image and tied a blue ribbon through it for an embellishment.

I didn't get as many cards made as I wanted to while I was away, but I do plan on trying to have more posts for you this year.  I also want to try to comment on your blogs more than I have been.

The winter temperatures are record lows in so many places today!  Wind chills here are supposed to be below zero!  I hope all of you are safe and warm!




4 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Super cute. I love the image and you have colored it wonderfully.

Tammy said...

Adorable card and great sentiment! Glad you are back to posting, I've missed you!

nwilliams6 said...

I need more birthday cards too - they seem to disappear as soon as I make them. Really cute image, great colors, and fun sentiment! Hugz!

Faith A said...

Wonderful card, love the image and the sentiment, fab colouring fab card.

Thanks for the comment on my card.

Happy New Year.