Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sympathy Angel

Hi everyone!  Today is another Teapotter Party that I am happy to have a card made for!  We were asked to make sympathy cards with angels and/or scripture.  Our cards are going to the family of Leanne who came into this world so little that she has pretty much spent her entire life fighting for it.  She lost her hair, and she lost a lot of time to being in hospitals, but she never lost her spirit and zest for life.  Her parents fought with her every day too.  Leanne lost the fight the day after new year's day this year.  

I thought the  Look Up angel by Marla Shega was the perfect angel to send to them.  This angel looks to me like she has a zest for life too.  I love the wording on this image also and I think it will bring her parents and brother some comfort.  



I colored the image with copic markers and added some glitter and gems to the stars and a little bit of glitter to the wings.  I kept the layout simple and only added a bit of lace at the bottom.  There is a sympathy verse on the inside.   I hope Leanne's family gets comfort from all the cards I know they will be receiving - they are a tangible evidence that people care.


6 comments:

Faith A said...

Holly what a lovely card and the sentiment is perfect. So sad that we need to make cards like this, but I suppose that is life!

wannabcre8tive said...

What a sweet and wonderful card for Leanne's parents. You have colored it beautifully.

Becky said...

What a sweet image. Love your coloring of her.

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Holly. So sad to hear the news but I'm sure the family will definitely appreciate your kindness.

bumblebee creations said...

awhhh....this is so sweet-what a gorgeous image!! (and of course you have colored it up just perfectly!!) Fabulous card!

nwilliams6 said...

This is very sweet Holy. Great image and sentiment - one we all need to be reminded of. How special you did this for the teaparty - you have such a heart. Hugz!