Monday, January 20, 2014

To be a valentine or not to be a valentine...

Hello everyone!  I hope your weekend was a good one.  We really enjoyed going out into the woods on Friday afternoon.  It was really windy, and I love being in the woods when the wind is high.  I love hearing it blow through the trees.  The dogs enjoyed their time too.  Both of them were conked out on the way home.  That's always a sign that they had a good time!

Today is Monday and that means there is a new challenge on Squigglefly's blog!  This time I am on top of things, and actually have a card made on opening day!  The challenge this week is to make a clean and simple card.  Here is the card I made


The image is one drawn by Enid Barnes called Giraffe Headshot.   I think this is about as clean and simple as you can get!  I used a little strip of designer paper and cut it into a flag.  I added a little interest by embossing the card base and rubbing a little chocolate chip over it to bring the design out a little more.  I had intended to use this giraffe as a valentine, and that's why I glued the little heart on there.  I haven't added a sentiment yet, so I may not use it a valentine!  If I do, the sentiment will something punny like "Valentine, I'd stick my neck out for you."

I hope you will play along in our challenge too!  Enjoy your Monday!  I'll be back tomorrow!




10 comments:

Mel said...

How sweet, I love giraffes! Great card Holly.

Steph said...

The giraffe is an awesome image. Very nice card!

Faith A said...

Love the card and the giraffe is fab, you HAVE to use that sentiment it's perfect LOL.

bumblebee creations said...

I love this Holly!! Your ribbon is just perfect behind that awesome image!!!

Tammy said...

Love, love the giraffe! He's such fun and fabulous! Great card!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is just too cute. I love Enid's animals, they are all so sweet.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That's super cute. I love that image and love the embossing you added in the background. Cheers, Holley

Enid said...

So cute, Holly. I'd be half the artist without your embellishments!

Enid said...

Thanks for all you time and attention to my giraffe. You really made him standout with this adorable card.

Linda W. said...

Oh I like your giraffe card better than mine Holly! Great idea!