Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Party For Rose

Hi everyone!  It's time for another teapot party at Splitcoast Stampers!  This week we are all celebrating another teapotter's aunt's birthday - she is going to be 103 years old!  Her name is Rose, and we could bring roses but Rose is an artist herself, and she used to draw pictures of children holding flowers for cards.  So, we get extra cookies if we bring a child holding flowers - and I'm always up for more cookies!



This image is called Avery's May Flowers and is from Squigglefly by
Cheryl Grant Alger.  I colored her with Copic markers and chalked the sky and grass.  I then stamped some grass sprigs over the chalked area.
The sentiment is called Thinking Of You and is also from Squigglefly by
Charlene Mitchell.   I chalked the center part of the sentiment while it was still in the die, and then I sponged some orange ink around the edge.

Wishing you all a great day.  I'll be back tomorrow!


4 comments:

Faith A said...

Oh! I do love Cheryl's images and you have certainly done her justice, love all the colours too.

Tammy said...

Sweet card, adorable image and perfect coloring!

nwilliams6 said...

So cute and so perfect for the Teaparty! Cheryl's images are always so cute, but you added even more cute wit your chalking, coloring and papers! Well done. Hugz!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Awwwww I love what you have done with this Holly! The floral paper and your fantastic background make this a piece of art! Fantastic card for the Teaparty and thanks for using my sentiment!