Thursday, February 27, 2014

Birthdays Are For The Birds

Hi everyone!  I didn't post anything yesterday because I ran out of cards!  I told you I didn't get much crafting done over the weekend.  I did manage to finish up a card last night that I had colored the image for already.  It's a birthday card because as you know I'm building up my stash!


The image is one from Squigglefly by Diana Garrison called Birds On A Wire.   I had a lot of fun coloring the birds crazy fantastical colors.  I chalked the sky.  The sentiment is also from Squigglefly and is by Michelle Bertuzzi.  It's part of a set of images called Birdie Birthday Set.    I did some sewing around the layers  and added a little burlap flower.

I am entering this card into three challenges.  The Alcohol Markers Challenge at the Outlawz which is "Things With Wings",  the Paper A la Mode Challenge at the Outlawz which is to add flowers, and  the Clean and Simple Challenge at the Outlawz which also has the flower theme.  Speaking of challenges, there is still time for you to play in Squigglefly's challenge which is a fun recipe challenge this week!

I will be back tomorrow with a fun card that features a sneak peek at one of the images being released at Squigglefly on Saturday!

7 comments:

Becky said...

OH Holly, this is awesome. I love these birds and love the stitching.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a sweet card. The birds look fab in their pretty colours.
Caroline xxx

Tammy said...

Love the fun colors you used for the birds! Fabulous birthday card!

Sara I. said...

So so cute!! Love the stitching! Thanks for your visit to my blog today... You sweet comments made me smile :)

nwilliams6 said...

Great stitching and such a darling image! I love those birds. You are doing such a fab job with birthday cards! Hug!

wannabcre8tive said...

I love the brightly colored birds and the stitching.

Faith A said...

A Great card, love the stitching too. Love the selection of birds and how you have put it all together.