Monday, February 10, 2014

Can You Believe It - 3 whole cards to share!


Hi everyone!  I hope you had a good weekend.  We got some snow on Friday night, and a lot of Saturday was spent outside with the dogs.  Snow really fires them up, and it's so much fun watching them play in it.  The forecast calls for another round of snow moving in today, so I have found myself with the day off!  Some weathermen are predicting about 4 inches, but still others are saying as much as 7 inches!  I just hope it's enough to build a snowman and make snow angels!  If we do get snow, I will be sure to film the dogs playing in it.  They are such fun to watch.

I made this card for the Clean and Simple card challenge at the Outlawz last Sunday.  The theme of the challenge was to make a card for a male.  I thought Enid Barnes's wonderfully fierce and beautiful Tiger was just the thing!  



The image was colored with Copic markers and I chalked a little yellow around the background.  The sentiment was computer generated.  Of course, this would be a perfectly fine birthday card for a female too!

Don't forget that a brand new challenge is on the Squigglefly Blog today!  The challenge is to make a square card.  I played along with TWO cards!  Both of my cards are also for the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.

This first card was really fun to make.  Since Kathleen has so many cards in her gallery that she sews on (including the one I CASED here), I decided to sew on mine.  I think this is the best my machine sewing has ever come out.  I went a lot slower this time, so maybe that helped!  Do they make clear presser feet for sewing machines?  I think that would make it much easier to see that I'm staying on the paper!
Anyway, the first card I CASED can be seen here, and here is my card


I used an image from Squigglefly called Jolly Birthday Penguin by Louise Gardner.  It's colored with Copic markers.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I added little orange rain dots on the scallops.

The next card I CASED can be seen here.  Here is my card


The image is one by Cheryl Grant Alger called Birdie Birthday Party from Squigglefly.   There is more to the image, but I cropped only the girl out so it would fit in the sketch.  It's colored with Copic markers and chalk.  Since I was making the square card, I was able to get two square ones from the same card stock, so I went with the same color combination on them both.

See you all tomorrow!

5 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Fabulous cards, Holly. I like the stitching. Great coloring and that Tiger is awesome.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So many great cards for this week's challenge. Love the tiger and the sentiment to go with it. Great work! Cheers, Holley

Faith A said...

Wonderful cards, the the sentiment on the Tiger one and also the colours of the other 2 are fabulous.

nwilliams6 said...

These are all wonderful Holly. You have been so busy and I am loving all your cards. I love the sewing! Hugz!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Incredible job colouring this tiger! WOW Holly! Absolutely awesome!

Love the bright and fun colours in the other 2 as well but the tiger has stolen my heart!