Sunday, February 9, 2014

Don't Be Cruel or You'll Get Me All Shook Up

Hey Everyone!  Surprise!  I'm actually posting on a weekend!  I have just had such fun playing with the new Elvis image by Enid Barnes from Squigglefly that I wanted to share them with you.  I colored all of these with Copic markers and computer generated all of the sentiments.  The first one is a birthday card




This next one is for the Twisted Thursday challenge and Friday's Alcohol Marker challenge at the Outlawz which both have a Valentine theme.


And lastly another valentine which is for Saturday's Paper Ala Mode challenge at the Outlawz and Thursday's Way To Use It challenge (color something) at Splitcoast Stampers and Friday's Free 4 All challenge (valentines) also at Splitcoast Stampers.

On this last card I had a lot of trouble getting the die to cut all the way through in some spots.  In my efforts of adding shims I busted my cuttlebug!  I have had that thing for about 6 years and use it every single day!  I have since replaced it with a Big Kick, but I still miss my little bug.  You can see that one little piece didn't pop out, and you can also see some ragged torn areas where I had to use my craft knife.  Behind the picture of Elvis are whole areas that did not cut!  I have also ordered a metal shim which is supposed to help with these dies, so hopefully in the future these dies will look much better!


I hope you are enjoying your weekend!  See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Faith A said...

Oh! Holly, these are fabulous cards, love the play on words, especially the first one LOL.

Tammy said...

You are all rocking and rolling with these cards! R.I.P. dear cuttlebug!

Lenoria said...

I love these cards and I have ordered this image. My daughter is a huge Elvis fan and maybe between now and October I can get her a birthday card made using this!

Charlene Mitchell said...

These are all amazing Holly. I know what you mean about the intricate die cuts - they're a pain!! Elvis looks fantastic and I love, love, love those sentiments you came up with!