Friday, February 28, 2014

From Owl Of Us

Hi everyone!  Yay - Friday is finally here!  I'm sure a lot of you are happy to see February end too.  I'm excited to share today's care with you because it's a sneak peek of an image that will be part of Squigglefly's March release tomorrow!

The image is called Owl Stack and is drawn by Carmen Gamble.    I made two cards and colored them both with Copic markers.  I used some of those fun cat eyes for a little extra punch.  The sentiments are computer generated.  I love the expressions on each owl's face!  The bottom one has his hair squashed down, and the middle one has little pig tails!  Seeing the middle one has eyelashes reminds me of something my oldest daughter said when she was about 4 years old.  She loved My Little Pony, and had a whole collection of them.  One day she told me she knew how to tell the boy ponies from the girl ponies.  I asked her how and she said "because the girl's have long eyelashes!"



The die used on the background is called  Proud Peacock and is from Taylored Expressions.  I used it because it reminded me a little of the owl feathers.  These were really fun cards to make.

I hope you'll come and check out all of the new images at Squigglefly tomorrow!

9 comments:

Stef H said...

this is soooooooooooo pretty and colorful. love that die background too.

3 days of snow predicted. are we done yet????

have a great weekend!!!

Cazzy said...

I love the owls Holly, your colours are so bright I had to come over and look, this is adorable!
Now I am wondering if I can get those cat's eyes anywhere!

Carol x

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is just incredibly cute. I love the bright colors.

Becky said...

wow. What gorgeous colors you used for these owls. Love their eyes and what a great die.

Carmen said...

These cards are just beautiful! I love the vibrant colors on the owls and the added eyes are perfect on them! The die is really nice too and fits the image well! Awesome work!

Tammy said...

Such a cute card and adorable owls! Love their eyes, great touch and the background is stunning!

bumblebee creations said...

super cute Holly!! love the colors...so cheerful!

Faith A said...

What a lovely change to see a die cut in a different colour and the green here is perfect I love "owl" of it.

nwilliams6 said...

Fun image and bg and the colors are so bright and cheerful! Great card Holly. Hugz!