Thursday, February 20, 2014

Get Happy

Hey everyone!  Is this week going by slow or what!?!  It sure feels like a Friday to me.  I really don't have anything new to report - I live such an exciting life!  So, let's just get on with my card




This cute image is one from Squigglefly drawn by Cheryl Grant Alger called Come On Get Happy.  I thought he looked like he was holding out his arms for a big hug, or maybe he's showing someone how much they're loved!  The latter is what I had in mind when I computer generated the sentiment.  I accented the word "this" with a Copic marker which is also what I used to color the image.  The sky was chalked (of course) and I stamped some grass sprigs.

Today is Tara's birthday, and I am excited to bring her the card I made and the doll I bought her.  She is really into dolls!  I got a cute school girl one that has glasses a really "cool" outfit on.  Have a great day!

5 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Oh, how sweet. Great coloring and the grass looks awesome. Tara will love that doll. Hope her day is great in every way.

Lenoria said...

Your card is so sweet! I bet Tara will be so excited over the card and the doll. It sounds as if you have a wonderful work relationship. I too lead a very "calm" life - which most of the time I enjoy, I am just not into a lot of drama.

Faith A said...

Love the little boy he has such a fun face too. Great layout and papers and great idea for the "this". GREAT card.

How lovely to have such a close relationship with Tara, she must bring as much joy and you must give to her.

I have an exciting life! just been to the dentist!

Tammy said...

Super card Holly and the sentiment is perfect! Hope Tara has a great birthday!

nwilliams6 said...

This is sure to make someone feel very special! So Affirming and the colors are great and cheerful. Fun card. Hugz!