Monday, February 3, 2014

Pink & Red

Hi everyone!  It's Monday so that means there is a brand new challenge on Squigglefly's blog.  This week I'm playing substitute for Kathy Bradley.  Kathy is recuperating from a surgery and wasn't able to make a card this week.

The challenge is Pink and Red, and here is my card


The image I used is Valentine Cupcake Be Mine by Pamela Lehto.   This image is one of several that were just released on Saturday.  If you missed seeing all of the new images, go take a look!  There are some great ones.

I colored with with Copic markers and added some glitter to the frosting.  I kept the layout really simple and only added a heart shaped button as an embellishment.  Pamela Lehto has offered a freebie for us at Squigglefly called Mound Of Chocolate.  It's just in time for those sweet valentines you need to make!  You can find the freebie on Squigglefly's home page here.

I got lots of play time in this weekend, and I'm excited to show you all of the cards over the course of this week.  Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Steph said...

I always like glitter. A very nice card Holly!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card, Holly. I really liked this sweet cupcake. You did a great job with highlighting the frosting and the glitter.

Faith A said...

Oh! aaah! love it, glittery cupcake and all. :)

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the sugary look of the glitter - just fabulous on this cute cupcake

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Holly, love the rock candy flecks! You should be here, we got 8 inches of the white stuff today!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful cupcake! Makes me want one - especially with that sugar/sprinkles you added. So fun to see you in the challenge this week! Love it! Hugz!