Monday, March 10, 2014

Balloon Bear

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a great weekend!  Spring is definitely in the air around here!  Daffodils are in bloom everywhere and the sunshine and warmer weather had a lot of people out and about.  I did  more goofing off than anything else!  I only got a couple of cards made, but I enjoyed the time I spent with friends and with our dogs.  I hated losing that hour to daylight savings time though!

I've got a card to share today using Fawn Palmer's adorable little Balloon Bear.  I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the sky.



I cut apart the balloon and made my own string with some pink embroidery floss.  I will probably end  up using this for a birthday card, but I've left a sentiment off for now in case I use it for a different reason.

There is a brand new challenge up on Squigglefly's blog today.  I hope you will come play along!

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

So very sweet Holly! :) Love the yarn attachment to he balloon! Thanks for sharing! Hey…I have some blog candy up for grabs if you’re interested! CLICK HERE TO ENTER! If you’ve already entered, then good luck to you! Hugs - *Vicki*

Tammy said...

Super cute Holly! Please send all nice weather my way!

bumblebee creations said...

Awhhh... so adorable, Holly!!

Faith A said...

Perfect for Baby or birthday, love your choice of papers too.

Pat said...

Love that bit a thread you used for the balloon string! I would have fussy-cut the bear out, but your gorgeous patterned paper would have lost the bear in a second and I would have messed it up! Love it just the way it is.