Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Birthday Card In A Box

Hi everyone!  Yesterday we got some disappointing news about our veterinary clinic.  Two of the vets there, and they happen to be our most favorite ones - quit!  They are a mother/daughter team and we loved them so much.  They are going to open up their own practice, but it won't be near us so we are losing them.  We found out when we called to make an appointment for Baxter and were told that they were shuffling around appointments between the two vets who are left so there really were no appointments available.  I ended up having to take Baxter in when they opened up yesterday morning and just leaving him until one of the vets could take a look.  It's not the ideal situation with a dog like Baxter who is still scared of people.  The good news is that it's not anything serious.  He has conjunctivitis in his eyes, which will get better soon with the eye drops they prescribed.  I am sure going to miss our old vets though!

Well, let's get on to today's card.  I have a sister who really likes to get cards that are different in some way.  She likes interactive, different folds, anything unexpected.  The last few times she's gotten a card from me she has said "I love your card, but..."
She has a birthday coming up in April, and I thought making one of those ever popular card in a box's that's been going around lately would be just the thing for her.  I have to say, I do like how it turned out, and they really are easy to make.  I also think I need to invest in more dies for future boxes!



This card has no stamping whatsoever!  I used some fun birthday candle and flower dies.  I coated the candle flames in glitter.  Each flower is on a thin strip of black cardstock that I folded in half.  The sentiment is computer generated and I added a little flower punch to that.  Here are views from the sides so you can see the paper I used on the sides, and also the little border I added to the bottom.




Well, thanks for checking in with me today.  I am really going to try hard to get some cards made so I'll be able to share more this week!

12 comments:

Lenoria said...

Holly, I love this card! I have been looking at these and want to make one but don't know if I can and make it look presentable. Your's is beautiful and I am sure the birthday lady will love it!!

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this cute box and your sister will be so surprised to see it. You did a great job on it.

Sorry about your vets, it is always so hard to get used to a new one. I hope Baxter is well soon.

Faith A said...

If your Sister doesn't like this, then I'll eat my mmmmm - cake! and get even fatter LOL.

Love how you have done it, must try one soon.

bumblebee creations said...

I love these new cards....but I haven't ventured to make one yet...love it!

Linda W. said...

Oh Holly - I want to make one of these card boxes too! That's all I see on Facebook anymore! Yours is gorgeous - where did you find the tutorial please? BTW I had the same situation with my cat today - emergency and my vet is retiring - so had to leave her all day while they worked her in. She's never been out of the house since I got her in Aug. and had the vet look at her - but she has some infection of some kind and got a big shot! Hugs to you gf!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ohhhh, I likey! This card in a box came out so cool, and I am sure she will just love it! Aren't they fun to make?

Stef H said...

you are very brave! this is absolutely gorgeous. i would never have the patience for this.

i hear ya on the vet. my local vet is quite pricey so i take her about 18 miles away and i love them. i don't know where i'd go if they closed or moved.

i think animals adjust better than humans!

hugs :)

nwilliams6 said...

Wow! I love these boxes and yours is amazing! Love the colors and details. I am going to have to try one of these. Hugz!

Vickie Y said...

Love the colors you used for your card in a box! Adorable! (I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum!!)

Shawna said...

Love this Holly! I have been wanting to make one of these types of cards and you have given me the inspiration to do it.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is just so fun and cheerful.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Mary J Scrapper said...

What a great card. I need to learn how to make it.