Saturday, March 29, 2014

Honesty

Hi everyone.  Okay, I just have to be honest here.  I am really happy with the growth of Squigglefly, but it has become increasingly obvious that I am not Super Woman.  Well, maybe I could be some people's idea of Super Woman, but I wouldn't be mine!

Most of you know that I manage the Squigglefly design team.  What some of you may not know is, that I also look for and bring in new artists.   (as a matter of fact we have two NEW ARTISTS joining Squigglefy, and you will meet them in May!)  Once a new artist signs on to Squigglefy, I receive their images, get them zipped and make all previews and thumbnails ready for the store.  I also try to comment on all the design team member's blogs as well as each entry into Squigglefly's challenge blog.    I try to copy and send a link to the artists of each card I see posted somewhere  that uses one of their images.  I LOVE doing all of these things!

But then there is my blog.  I started my blog before Squigglefy, and I adore sharing my cards and enthusiasm for Squigglefly images and digital stamps in general, but the sad truth is that I can't do it all.  So instead of pressuring myself and feeling guilty when I don't have a card to post, I have decided to just enjoy the blogging part of me by only sharing when I've got something to share.  I will be focusing my time more on the Squigglefly end of things.

I do so appreciate all of you who have followed me faithfully through the years, and I hope that you will continue to check in from time to time, but I won't be posting as often.  Thanks so much for understanding, and please keep me in your following list because I'm not gone!


14 comments:

Linda W. said...

Oh goodness - I totally wondered if you were superwoman!!! Wise decision dear and you will still blog! Sweet thinking!

Tammy said...

I've had a look at all your wonderful creations I've been missing and they are each wonderful as expected! I can't begin to know how hard you work to keep all of us a Squigglefly going and I for one say a very special thank you!

Becky said...

wow, you sure have a full plate girl! Thanks for all the fabulous creations over the years. Will be keeping an eye out for you. :)

Stef H said...

believe it or not, i, too, am very proud of how far SF has come. i was in on the "birth". i understand totally about blogging. even i'm finding i don't get as many comments as i used to. i think we can thank facebook for that! and, just in case you want to know... i'd follow you to the ends of the earth. really!

hope all else is well and i'm looking forward to the 2 new artists!

hugs :)

Lenoria said...

I totally understand and I always wonder how anyone can work, do all the stuff on the creative end, blog, do housework/kids and just everyday life stuff. I admire you greatly and I will definitely keep you on my blog roll. Thank you for everything you do and showing us how to use the images.

Pammie said...

Holly as one of Squigglefly's artist and a blog owner also, I only update when I have time to. With all the other activities I have in my life I don't have the time to update my blog daily. However I do find working on it in one day and uploading several posts and scheduling themst much easier for me. I don't think there are Blog Police so take your time and enjoy your life. We will all be waiting for the next update notice to arrive in our email boxes.

Niki said...

Holly,
It's good to set priorities.

I enjoy your cards so much, and your updates about Baxter and Riley. Thanks for sharing!

Niki

Charlene Mitchell said...

You are super woman Holley, regardless of whether you blog lots or not :-) I would never post if I weren't on design teams - my love is making the cards! However, I do love to rave about new images and awesome digi stamps stores (SQUIGGLEFLY!!!!) so that helps to make me blog. That being said, do what you gotta do to ease the stress! All work and no play . . . not good for anyone! Sending cyber hugs!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Life is busy, and some more than others. I too had to take a deep breath this past year, and do not post nearly as much. As they say, change is good. Enjoy the extra minutes you have added to your day, and stop by and see us once in awhile! :)

bumblebee creations said...

Holly, you might not think you are, but all the rest of us at Squigglefly TOTALLY do think you are super woman!!!! You are amazing, and I just dont know how you have kept up with it all this long!!! Thank you so much for doing everything you do, and I will deinately keep following you!!

nwilliams6 said...

I always wondered how you did it all Holly. I totally understand and I applaud you for making this decision. I will definitely check in to see what you are up to as I love your cards! Hugz! Congrats for taking this step too.

Merethe Arstein said...

I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum, and I am new to blogging to.
Take care and have a happy weekend.
Ma

Loster said...

I still think you are Superwoman! I've always admired and couldn't believe how much you do - and you even hold down a job to boot!

Relax, catch your breath, and share when you are able. Double hugz...

Shawna said...

Sometimes that hard decision just has to be made. I think it is good that you reconized something had to give. That pressure we put on ourselves is just not worth it. I am glad to hear though that you will still post on ocassion when you can. It will make it all the more special!!! Hugs to you my friend!!