Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hooray!

Hi everyone!  I've got another day off today due to ice.  I am taking full advantage of it too!  We never got out of the twenties yesterday, so there wasn't much melting.  I don't know what the main roads are like, but I heard about a lot of accidents yesterday, so I am glad I was off the roads!

I made this card for my boss's twelve year old daughter who just made the cheer team at her middle school.  I made sure to color it her school colors, and also if you look closely you can see the letters "L. W." on the top - that stands for Lakewood which is the name of her school.  I am entering this in the the featured stamper challenge at Splitcoast stampers.  Jen's gallery had a lot of cards I loved, but I made my card based on Jen's card which can be seen here.


I colored the image with Copic markers and added some glitter to her pom poms.  The ribbon was yellow with white polka dots, but I colored the dots blue with a marker.  The sentiment was computer generated on to the paper.   I also colored some parts of the flowers on the background paper yellow to match my color scheme better.

Have a great day!  See you all tomorrow!



6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so fun and cute. Love the yellow and blue.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute and I love the bright colors.

Faith A said...

That young lady is sooooo going to love this, I love the colour combo too

Tammy said...

So glad you were able to stay home and off the ice! Super cute card and super cute cheerleader!

bumblebee creations said...

HOLLY, Well, of course ya just know I Love your card!!! : ) I want to make a card with that image now too...I just love it!

Becky said...

It has been very cold this Winter in RI too, we have been hit with snow storm after snow storm. I can not wait for Spring.
Your card is just adorable. Love the polka dot paper and ribbon that matches it perfectly.