Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rehab May Be Needed

Hi everyone!  I've got a fun card to share with you today.  Fawn Palmer introduced a new character to Squigglefly with March's release - Granny Gertie!  I just love her, and I know you will too!  The one I'm using today is Granny Gertie Is Knitting.  She comes with three different hilarious sentiments.  



I colored the image with Copic markers and even got a little creative making a pattern on the chair with my blender pen.  I wrapped some yarn around the designer paper in the background and then knit a little piece to place in Gertie's hands.  This was a fun card to make, and I have the perfect knitting friend to send her to!

Be sure to check out the other Granny Gertie's in Squigglefly's store!  They all come with fun sentiments that make card making so easy!

7 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

What a funcard, Holly! I just love how you added the real piece if knitting, and really pulled it all together by wrapping it around the layer behind your image!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Super cute, Holly, I love that you added the yarn. Funny sentiment.

Tammy said...

Your card is perfect in every way! Love, love, love it! And the actual knitting is just over the top!

Niki said...

Perfect! The knitted piece is a great accent.

*Vicki* said...

This is such a fun card Holly!! Love the extra bits of yarn around your design!! HUGS

Faith A said...

Oh! Holly, you have done it again LOL. I LOVE it, especially the little knitting you added, so clever. I did laugh at this.

Becky said...

wow, how cool is this!! I love your card. Awesome idea with the yarn.