Monday, July 7, 2014

My blog has gone to the dogs

Hi everyone!  I'd like to give a huge thanks to those that wrote me with suggestions on my tape gun problem.  It did end up getting resolved!  The problem I was having is that the tape rolls were warped which caused them not to sit flush on the black wheel.  After much experimentation with different things, pushing the tape down and making a shim to fit under the little plastic knob worked.  You can see what I'm talking about in this updated video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W3Yf5bzAXo&feature=youtu.be



Yesterday the Outlawz Clean and Simple Challenge was to make a card with a dog.  I made two!  The first one uses a retired Squigglefly image.  Colored with Copic markers.




My second card uses two images by James Horvath.   Here is the front of the card using Dog Artist.


I colored with Copic markers and chalk.  The sentiment was computer generated.  The background is some of the fun patterned duck tape!  For the inside I used Digger.


Now it's Monday and time for me to get ready to go back to work.  I really enjoyed this three day weekend!  And since it's Monday, that means there is a new challenge on the Squigglefly Blog.  Maybe I'll actually find time this week to play along!  

9 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

I have to say blog has gone to some really cute and well colored dogs. Nice card designs and papers, too.

I am glad you were able to get things resolved with your tape gun.

Stef H said...

at least those are really cute dogs your blog has gone to - LOL. i hear ya on the tape gun. i got one way back when (pricey too) and it never worked right. took it back to the store and she gave me 2 new tapes which were warped and then told me that was all she could do (local stamp store). been sitting in a drawer ever since. some people.

hope all is good and that your holiday was fabulous!

hugs :)

Faith A said...

Love those doggies! and the sentiments with them.

Glad you got your tape back "on track"

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, didn't know Squigglefly retired images! Love all of your cards, right up my alley when there's pups!

bumblebee creations said...

Oh Holly --I am so happy to see you are back!! You sure where missed! I love all of your recent cards...your grass always looks so real....and your coloring is AWESOME!!

Desire Fourie said...

Holly this is such a fun and cute set of cards. Puts a smile on one's face.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Becky said...

Hi Holly, Good to see you.. Your cards are just adorable. I just love the how you did the colored paw prints.

PoJo said...

Glad to see my advice led you to making such cute cards once again!

Linda W. said...

These dog cards are absolutely darling!!