Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Sabbatical Ended This Weekend!

Hi everyone!  Well, I really didn't intend to take such a long break.  It just turned out that way.  I have been busy with Squigglefly stuff and have gotten a little bit of crafting done, but not much.
Did you hear the news on the blog that July's release is going to include three new artists?!  Isn't that exciting?  I can't wait for you to see all the new images.

This past weekend I did find myself with some time to play in my craftroom.  It was almost like starting over since it's been so long since I made a card!  But I guess card making is kind of like riding a bike because I made three cards!  Granted, they are very simple cards - but I like how they all turned out!

This first one is for the Teaparty at Splitcoast Stampers.  Our cards are going to a little three year old girl who loves pink!  She contracted e-coli and is having to have dialysis treatments.  Here's the card I made


The image I used is by Niina Niskanen and is called Bunny With Tulips.  I colored with Copic markers and computer generated the sentiment.  I couldn't resist giving him rosy cheeks!

The next card I made is one for my boss's son who has a birthday coming up soon.  He is a baseball player and loves baseball, so I chose Baseball by James Horvath for his card.


Once again, I used Copics to color with.  I chalked the sky and computer generated the sentiment.

My third card was made for my stash which has dwindled down to nothing!  I used Sandra Caldwell's image called Flower Tips.  It was a fun one to color!






7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Holly this is such a delightful set of cards with such cheerful colours and designs.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

wannabcre8tive said...

Your cards are all so cute and well colored. I love the papers you chose and your coloring is wonderful. Good to see you back in the blog world.

Linda W. said...

How cool are all 3 cards Holly! Glad to see you back in your craftroom too! Luvin' that bunny/tulip image!!!

Faith A said...

Wonderful cards as I have come to expect of you :)

Glad to have you back, hope to see your cards when you can post.

Shawna said...

I was wondering how long you could stay away....SOOOO glad to have you "back". Each and everyone of these cards certainly show you haven't lost it!!

Tammy said...

Happy news that you are back and you really knocked your card making skills out of the park with your wonderful cards!

Sandra Caldwell said...

Oh Holly just able to drop by your blog and see your work with my images... Love them. I love the colors and Thanks for making my image look wonderful ! Hugs Sandra Caldwell