Sunday, July 6, 2014

New Cards - and a question

Hi everyone!  I did a little playing with some of the soon to come - should have already been released images!  I PROMISE you that I will be on Ashley's back today to get them in the store pronto, but in the meantime, here are some sneak peeks!

This one uses a really cute set from Carmen Gamble called Birds On A Wire.  It comes with the sentiment and the birds are divided up into three different little sets so you don't have to use them all.  I just connected mine with a little micro fine black ink pen.  I also connect the line to the sentiment.


 I used chalk for the sky background and added a little bit of glitter to some of the birds.

My second card uses an image from Sandra Caldwell that is perfect for summer.  It's called Ladybug Daisy.


I added some glitter to the ladybug's wings, some crystal lacquer to the body, and then some brown puff paint to the center of the daisy.  The background was also chalked on this.

On another note, I've got a Scotch ATG tape gun that I've had for quite a while.  It is only in the past couple of months that it has started giving me a problem with the tape rolling off the rollers when I use it.  I am using the same kind of tape I've always used - Scotch brand.  I finally made a short video showing the problem in the hopes that someone will know what is going on.  If you have one of these tape guns, could you take a look and let me know what you think?  Here's a link in case you can't see the video on my blog - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ieGaC0nwY&list=UUfrzKRv3wVFAtE2j_lObXCA



4 comments:

PoJo said...

It looks like your roll of tape needs to be pressed down on the spool. It should be sitting flush on the surface of the black plate. Sometimes I get a "warped roll." I try to flatten it down before I put it on the spool. I have heard that you can cut a cardboard circle with a hole in the middle (making a doughnut shape) to fit down on top of the spool of tape to keep it flat. I have not had to do that as long as I flatten my tape roll before I put it in my tape runner. Good luck!

Shawna said...

I hope someone has the answer for your tape gun question, because I sure do not! Sounds the PoJo has had some experience with that type of thing. I LOVE both your cards. These two new images are really, really cute and as always, you have done a stellar job showing them off!

Tammy said...

Beautiful cards Holly and I love, love the birds, super cute! Hope you share the answer to your problem, everyone wants to know too!

Faith A said...

Love love your cards, but hey! what's new? I always do.

Sorry haven't a clue about your tape, never used one. :(