Saturday, November 29, 2014

Things For Babies

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving and that you are enjoying your weekend.  I finally got into my craft room the past couple of weeks and actually created a few things!  It felt like an alien thing at first, but soon I was happily in my groove making cards and other things.

My daughter, Ashley who owns Squigglefly asked if I would print out this image and color it for a picture she could hang in her baby's room.  Some of you may remember that she is expecting my first grandchild on Christmas Eve.  Well, that was the impetus I needed to get me back!  I printed it out and colored it with Copic markers and then matted it with some designer paper and framed it in a frame I had.



Then a very dear lady I've recently become acquainted with, Pam Graham, sent me a drawing she did of a mama and papa bear with a baby bear.  I printed it out, colored it with colored pencils and went to Hobby Lobby to find a frame.  I found a white frame that was perfect, and I used a chalk ink pad to color a section of it.


I think it turned out so darling and I can't wait until she receives it!

While I was at Hobby Lobby I found a frame that I really liked, but it didn't work for the picture of the bears.  Regardless, I kept going back to it and finally I bought it anyway thinking I'd find something to do with it.  While I was walking through the store, I thought about using the frame to make a name plaque.   I went over to the wooden letters to see if his name would fit in the frame, and it was a perfect fit!

The inside of the frame was a chalk board, but it pried off easily.  I covered it with some designer paper and then I covered each wooden letter with scrapbook papers and adhered them to the inside of the frame.  I added some little wooden animals that I also picked up at Hobby Lobby.


Then all I had to do was nail the backing back onto the frame!  It stands up with an easel on the back, and I think it is so cute!

I have also made a few cards, but I will share them with you another time.  Thanks for staying in touch with me!


9 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are all gorgeous Holly, I love the images
Kevin xx

wannabcre8tive said...

Cute projects. I especially love Pam Graham's bears. Wow, I can't believe it is almost time for your grand-baby. The last few months have flown by.

KimberlyO said...

Wow! I love them all!! I think my favorite is the bear family. Great job!!

judi Kauffman said...

I'm grinning ear to ear at your projects and your endless creativity, Holly!

Lenoria said...

Congrats on the new Grandmother status! All your projects are so cute and I am sure the room will be decorated so wonderfully!

Shawna said...

These are FABULOUS Holly! It's so good to see you posting, too. I haven't been doing anything in my craft room, so many things are going on. CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a grandma. You are about to enter the most wonderful time of your life! Hugs to you!

Faith A said...

I was so excitted to see you back posting. What a fabulous post too, these are fabulous frames your daughter will be thrilled I'm sure and they will look perfect in the baby room.

Tammy said...

Such a very talented grandma you are! Wonderful additions to the nursery and lifelong keepsakes!

bumblebee creations said...

Eeekkkkkk....these are all so stinkin cute Holly!!!! I cant pick a favorite....cuz they are all so awesome.....I am think he is going to have an adorable room!!