Sunday, December 28, 2014

news, and yes a card too

Well yesterday I got to meet my grandson face to face.  We had a perfectly fine visit.  I held him almost the entire time I was there.  He slept peacefully, and once opened his eyes and just stared at me wondering who on earth I was.  He is so precious, and has already stolen my heart.



I am going back next week to stay for the week and help out a little.  I already miss him!

In other news, I have a Christmas present that is arriving tomorrow - a Brother Scan N Cut!  I am really excited to get it, and I've been looking at every video tutorial I can find so I'll be prepared and ready.  Mostly I think I will use it to cut out die shapes and to cut around my digital images.  I have the original Cricut and just never liked it.  This machine looks to be really easy to use.  I will let you know!

Here is a card I made a while back.

The sweet image is from Squigglefly artist Sandra Caldwell called Bearly My Birthday  I added some clear little dots to the border that I made with a glue gun.  The image was colored with Copic markers.  

My second card is another birthday card.  This one uses an image from Squigglefly artist Louise Gardner called Celebration Piggy.  


I do have a few more cards I made over my time off for Christmas.  I will share those with you soon!


11 comments:

rocqee said...

Happy Holidays, to you and yours, Holly. And such happiness for you to have a brand new grandson. That is the best Christmas present! I'm also sending you best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Your Grandson is beautiful Holly you are so blessed, both cards are gorgeous!!
Kevin xx

Stef H said...

now this is gonna be a very happy new year all around!

what's a scan & cut? never heard of it.

again, congrats and wishing you all a very blessed new year.

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Adorable grandson and awesome card.

Hugs, Lori m
www.throughtheeyesofgg@wordpress.com

Lenoria said...

This is such a sweet picture of the two of you! He is gorgeous and I hope you get to enjoy next week and spoil him completely! I would love to have a Scan and Cut but I guess I just have not been a "good" enough girl for santa to bring it this year. Please keep us posted on how you like it. I still have the original Cricut and the SCAL program.

shawna said...

Congrats grandma! You are about to enter the best time of your life! Enjoy you new grandson!

Faith A said...

Aw! how great to have a sweet baby in your arms at last. Congratulations

LURVE the cards, will look out for your review of the Scan n cut. I have the Cricut Expression.

Becky said...

Your cards are adorable Holly..
Have a Happy New Year.. hugs :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

There is nothing like becoming a Grandmom! It feels like your heart grows 6 sizes for your chest. He is just beautiful, Holly. Since mine was born 18 months ago, I have eased up on blogging and savored every moment I can, even if it's on Skype. Congrats, and Happy New Year. Oh, nice cards, too!

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness, is he ever sweet!! I am so excited for you that you get to go spend a week with them!! Have fun...can't wait to see what you make with your new machine!!

nwilliams6 said...

Congrats Holly - such wonderful news and he is sweet, sweet, sweet! Hugz for you and him!