Sunday, December 21, 2014

Santa and two birds

Hi all!  I am still waiting and hoping for Ashley to call and tell me that she is headed to the hospital to become a mommy!  I've also been wrapping gifts and today plan on baking up some holiday treats to take to work tomorrow.

I wanted to share a couple more cards that I made recently.  This first one is a cute owl and sentiment that comes from Squigglefly and is drawn by Cheryl Grant Alger.  The owl comes from a set called Warm and Cozy and the sentiment comes from a set called Winter Fun.

I used Copics to color the image, but the sky was done with chalk.  I added a little rick rack for texture.  The only thing that bothers me about this is the sentiment - don't you think it should have an "s" at the end of sometime?


Here's another one I made using a Squigglefly image from Sandra Caldwell that I just think is so cute.  It's called Santa and His Birdie.


Everything was colored with Copic markers and I added some faux flower soft and made falling snow dots with white gesso.  Christmas cards are so much fun to make, but I didn't make very many this year.  Maybe now that I'm slowly getting back to making cards I will make them throughout the year so I'm not left empty handed next year!

Next time I post I may be a grandma!  I'll be sure to share pictures!

9 comments:

Bibi at Rubber Dance said...

Beautiful cards, Holly! I agree with you about the missing 's' on the sentiment, but other than that it's a really good and true one :-)
I hope Ashely is doing well. How exciting, grandma! :-)
Merry Christmas!
xox

wannabcre8tive said...

Fabulous cards, I like the snow you made for the cute Santa. Hope you get your call soon. How exciting to be getting a baby for Christmas.

Lenoria said...

I like both these cards and yes I think there should be an "s" at the end of sometime. This sentiment is so true and I hope you get a "nana call" soon! What is the baby going to call you? I have a great grandson and he takes up most of my time and I would not give up even a second I get to spend with him!!

Faith A said...

Both wonderful cards, as for the "s" could you add one very neatly?

You are probably a Grandma now, so CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy the little bundle of Love.

Becky said...

Awesome cards, I love that Santa :)
Congratulations and Have a Merry Christmas.

Tammy said...

CANNOT wait for your next post! Wonderful cards and great images! Love the too cute Santa!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh these are just so fun and festive. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season and a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Becky said...

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.. Sending Hugs & blessings :).

bumblebee creations said...

Merry Christmas, are you a Grandma yet?
Cute Cards!!