Sunday, December 7, 2014

Some cards

Hi everyone!  Well after my last post my computer died on me!  Luckily I had most of my important stuff backed up on an external drive, but I did lose my folder that had pictures of cards I had done to put on my blog.  Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it now.  

It took a week for my new computer to come.  Stores don't have stockpiles of  computers anymore - they all have to order them.  I was really glad to have my laptop during that week.  I'm happy to say that the new computer came and gave me no trouble when installing my programs.  

I had to go get a flu and TDAP vaccine because my daughter told me that the doctor said we needed to if we wanted to be around the baby when he is born.  I was fine the first couple of days, but the 3rd day the injection site of the TDAP swelled up, got red, and itched.  Then yesterday my shoulder really started hurting - range of motion in that arm is awful.  I don't know if it's related to the shot or not, but if it's not better soon I will be heading to the doctor.  

Anyway, I have some cards to share!  The first one uses a brand new image from Squigglefly artist James Horvath called Raiding The Fridge.  This is pretty much what our house looked like the week after Thanksgiving only add one more dog and a cat!


The next few cards all use the same Squigglefly image, Ho Ho Ho Snowmen by Cheryl Alger.  I really enjoyed coloring these and adding glitter to the star.  It's also a nice change from the usual A2 sized card.  These would fit nicely in a business sized envelope.  You can get two cards from one sheet of card stock.  NOTE to Foofygirl who asked what size I made the image - This was sized to be about 6" long so I have about 1 1/4 inch on either side of the image.  





I have a few more cards to share in the next couple of days.  My mojo is slowly returning and I am taking it slow!

6 comments:

Linda W. said...

Oh bummer Holly! Try to be a good girl and get your shots and then it backfires! I had my flu shot last week and it ached for 2 days. Praying you get much better - nothing worse than a range of motion that sucks when you want to be creative!

wannabcre8tive said...

Cute cards, I especially like the ones with the Cheryl Alger image.

Sorry about your computer, it is always hard to get use to a new one. Glad your programs loaded okay.

Hope your are feeling better soon.

Foofygirl said...

Greetings from Buffalo, NY! Sorry to hear about your troubles Holly. I got my flu shot last year and had a terrible reaction so I was reluctant to get one this year but nothing happened, go figure! I love your cards created with Cheryl's image. I also have this image and would like to try making one. Can you tell me how large you made the image? As always, thanks for sharing!! Debbie

Lenoria said...

Seems that everything goes to pot at the same time, doesn't it. I hope you are up to par soon and your new computer works great for you. Love the cards and the sparkle!

Foofygirl said...

Thanks so much for answering my question Holly, you made my day!! Hugs to you, Debbie

bumblebee creations said...

Holly!!!! It is -So great to see posts on your blog again....you have been missed!!