Sunday, January 18, 2015

some new cards

Hi everyone!  I know it's been a while since I posted, but there have been lots of changes going on in my life.  First and foremost I now have the sweetest little grandson in my life!  I got to spend a whole week with him and it was so hard to leave him!  I can't tell you how much fun it is to see my little girl being a mama!  I am so excited for her because I know all the thrills she has waiting for her as she embarks on this journey of motherhood.

Here is one little picture of I took of Jacob before leaving to come back home.


Can you see why I'm so in love and it was so hard to leave?  I wish I lived closer to them so I could see him every day!

He is the reason I have started my very first scrapbook!  I am such a novice at it, and my few first pages are nothing to what I've seen others do, but I am learning more with each page I do.  I will share my scrapbook with you soon.

Right now I do have some cards to share.  I didn't send out any Christmas cards this year, but I have made these cards as well as others to  send as late Christmas cards.  I came up with this little rhyme to include in these cards.  You are welcome to use it if you too are sending late cards.  Just click on the picture and then save to your computer to use.




Here are a few I am calling my "green and blue phase".  All of the papers are digital papers I downloaded.  Also, for Christmas I got a new digital cutter - a Brother scan n cut.  I've been playing with it and learning as much as I can.  All of the sentiments on these cards were cut out with the scan n cut.  So far, I really love this machine!

The image and sentiment are both freebies I found on the web.  I added some snow drops with white gesso and some glitter on his hat.    I really like using the gesso for snowdrops.  It adds texture as well as just adding the effect of snowflakes falling.  The snowflake is from a die and I added a gem.


Two more birds from the same place with white gesso snow drops, glitter, and more die cut snowflakes with a gemstone.  The sentiment is another freebie I found.


More of the same, just another bird.


 A snowman this time and the sentiment was one I made on the computer.


A free snowman I found.  I added some glitter, some white gesso snow drops, and some white flocking on his hat.


Last, but not least another snowman.

I will share more in the next few days.  Stay tuned!

11 comments:

Pat said...

Loving your blue and green phase, Holly, but that little stinker just takes the cake!

Shawna said...

Nice cards! TERRIFIC grandbaby! Your life will never be the same!!

Becky said...

What fabulous cards Holly. I am in love with these birds, they are adorable.. Have fun with your grandson.

Linda W. said...

Oh what beautiful cards Holly! And that sweetheart of a grandson - you are going to just spoil him to pieces, right?!!! You go gram!!

jimlynn said...

Holly, Jacob is so cute - and so are your cards! Love the blue and green combo and those little birds. I grabbed one of those images the other day too.
You're going to have so much fun with Jacob and watching him grow.
Lynn

Patti J said...

All of these are adorable, and that sweet little guy just stole my heart! Enjoy him!!

Lenoria said...

Holly he is absolutely perfect! So glad you got to spend time with him and his mom and snuggle. I also like your cards.

Faith A said...

I can see why you wouldn't want to leave him, he's a handsome boy.

Love your Xmas cards and envious you have a Scan n Cut.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your little grandson is so adorable.
What fun to spend the first week with him!

Love your cards and the color combo.

nwilliams6 said...

Not sure if my last comment posted. I said that your grandson is adorable and I can't wait to see your scrapbook pages.

Great colors on these cards too - they are all wonderful and adorable. Hugz

Beccy said...

I love this collection of Christmas cards Holly, the combination of colours is really eye catching. The birds in the first few are so cute, and I really like the snowman too.
Cheers,
Beccy