Sunday, February 15, 2015

I scored and several winter cards

Hi everyone!  I hope you were able to spend Valentines Day with someone special and that you are having a great weekend!  We had temperatures close to 70 degrees yesterday, and today we are under a winter storm warning!  Crazy, right?!  

I did all of my grocery shopping yesterday, and a lot of my weekly cooking as well.  Today I have a few more things I'm going to make ahead of time.  I hate when they forecast freezing rain or snow on a Sunday because I tend to anticipate being off work the next day.  When I anticipate being off work I tend to put off doing things because I think in the back of my mind "I can do it tomorrow".  But a lot of the time the weather men get it wrong and I find myself going in to work after all with a list of things I didn't get done!  I vowed to myself I wouldn't do that this time!

I did get out to the store this morning to pick up a few more "just in case" things, and I'm so glad I did because since it's the day after Valentines Day, the card lady was at the store pulling the Valentine cards which meant I could grab some envelopes!  She gave me this whole box of envelopes already assorted by size!  


If you haven't already seen it, or if you would just like a reminder Here is a video on how easy it is to use these envelops to fit your cards.  It also shows you how you can use old calendar pages to make envelopes.  Here are some I made from my 2014 calendar. 



I do have some cards to share with you today too.  These are all winter/late holiday cards I have sent out to people.








14 comments:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Great selection of winter cards - so cute.
Caroline xxx

Lisa Whittemore said...

The link took me to a youtube video on using photoshop to make patterned paper nothing on envelopes. Great cards though!

jimlynn said...

All your cards are so pretty and cute!!! A wonderful selection to show today too.
That was a BIG score on all the envelopes!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Way to go Holly on scoring all those envelopes! Each of your Christmas cards are adorable and cute but I think you know the one that I like best! Hope you get a snow day tomorrow!

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, what a lucky day for you to score some envies. Your cards are so
cute, I especially love the snowman with the ornament.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wow, you have been busy! These are just wonderful. Good score on the envelopes! Cold, windy sub- zero weekend here, but our hearts were warm! <3

Shawna said...

Your cards are so cute! And I have to tell ya, I love the idea of making cards out of old calendars. Great idea!! Thanks for the valentine card, Holly. You are so sweet. I haven't been in my craft room for a very long time, so I didn't get any mailed out. Does thinking of you count? So glad to hear Riley and Baxter are doing well. My crew is, too!

Lenoria said...

These are all so cute, but I especially like the ice skating bird!

*Vicki* said...

It's always fun to have a "snow" day Holly! :) These cards are really adorable!! That's awesome about your envelopes!! I always seem to be buying them!!

Becky said...

70 degrees, and then winter warnings, sounds like RI :). We are being buried in snow.
Awesome cards Holly, just adorable. And what a great video tutorial on making envelopes. Had to put that in my favorite file.

bumblebee creations said...

awesome--great score!! Love all of your cards too, and what a super idea for the calendar page envelopes!!!! Love the pic of the baby-he is soooo happy looking, what a precious boy!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Thanks for stopping by. Hope things are good by you weather did not look to good my son and his wife live in Chaneyville KY and they got about 20 inches so it slowed them down some but it will be gone pretty fast as it does not stay cold very long.
love your cards you shared, they are all just darling. Thank for the video always nice to learn how to use thing up.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Patti J said...

Your cards are great, Holly! They are all so colorful and happy! When I worked at school all those many years, I so looked forward to snow days. Then they made me a 12 month employee, so it was torture having to get to work in bad weather AND know that all of my friends were home enjoying the snow day! Lol..... What fun, getting a great box of envelopes! Hooray for you :-)

Stef H said...

you're a GENIUS! old calendar pages! now why didn't i think of that!

have a great week.

hugs :)