Friday, February 27, 2015

Old and New and Gold or blue


Hi everyone!  Today I've got two cards to share with you.  One is using an old image that I received a while back in that image swap I joined.  All I know about this first image is that it's a bella from Stamping Bella.  I colored her with Copic markers and computer generated the sentiment.  I added some glitter on the cake.



This second card uses a new image I just purchased from Zuri Digital Stamps on Etsy.  She has some really cute images, and this one just called me to buy it!  I colored it with copic markers and added a little glitter  to the confetti around the blowout.  The only thing I'm not happy with about this card is the green rain dots I used.  They appear black on the card (not just in the photo) and that disappoints me some.





Okay, so along with the rest of the world I've been looking at the "dress" and I see white and gold which seems to be the most popular vote, but the dress in question is actually royal blue and black.  What do you see?  They say that it is all a matter of lighting, and if that is the case, then we all need to question how we are photographing and lighting the cards we take pictures of!  I have had friends tell me "the card you sent is more blue than it appears in your blog", but never has it been such a difference as this!  Please comment and tell me what you see!


11 comments:

Linda Osterwise, DT said...

I see it as white and gold - however, in this photograph, what I perceive to be white actually looks light blue. I'd love to find out what causes us to see this differently. :-)

*Vicki* said...

First I'd like to say how fun and colorful your birthday cards are Holly! :) I love that little girl on the second card...she's too cute!! Great choice of papers as well! :)

My kids laugh about this dress ordeal being all over the Internet! LOL! I think if you are not seeing colors that everyone else is seeing, then it's a matter of being color blind. I know my husband who's an electrician is partially color blind...which is so weird because of the colors of wires, but he's fine with that because it's "standard". I see the same as you my friend! The rest of the world is color blind!! :)

Lisa Whittemore said...

Blue and black every time.

Becky said...

Adorable cards Holly, I love that second one, such a cute image.
Every one was talking about this dress at work. It is white & gold to me.

Faith A said...

More brilliant cards :)

The dress is gold and white!!!!!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Beautiful cards, Holly. The image on the second one is just adorable.

Stef H said...

that dress will drive us crazy. do we even care?

great cards. very colorful.
i'm sure by the time spring or summer get here i'll be hoping for winter just so i can get creative - LOL.

hugs :)

Dawn Frost said...

Hi Holly, love both the cards! I finally heard about the dress on the news, lol, the photo posted on your blog is blue and black but some of the photos on TV are white and gold, again lighting!

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful job on both cards. This is so crazy and I do not understand when I was looking at the dress in all pictures it was gold and white, NOW to tell you as I was scrolling up to my surprise it is blue and black but when I go higher the dress goes to white and gold. It has to have to do with lighting, this is really interesting.... Have a good week end.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

Look at the colors and FUN! Great images and I just love your coloring on card #2 especially!! I see the dress as white and gold, I was just watching a video of this that someone shared on Facebook, wow! What a hot topic it is!

bumblebee creations said...

Love your adorable cards!! The dress looks white and gold to me!?!