Friday, March 6, 2015

texture challenge

Hi everyone.  We got a lot of ice, and a little snow on top of that.  It has allowed me to be home the last couple of days so I have entered a challenge at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge which was to make a card with an optional twist of "texture".

I recently signed up for a swap where the theme is flowers, or gardens.  Since my dragonfly card on kraft went over so well with you, I thought I'd make a couple of more for the swap.  the image is one from Diana Garrison called Dragonfly Garden.  You can see all the magnificent images Diana has at her Etsy Shop Crooked Little Studio.  

The kraft that I printed on has a green color on the opposite side.  When I embossed it with an embossing folder, I was able to sand the raised areas and reveal the kraft color.  Here are my two cards.  Both are colored with colored pencils.




I also fashioned a makeshift light box by using some foil and a piece of white foam board by a window.  Are these photos better than my last few?  I'd like to know your opinion.  There is some glitter added to both of these, but the photos do not pick it up.

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Holly, these are so pretty! That dragonfly is beautiful and love the background you created. GREAT photo shots too!
Lynn

Linda W. said...

Oh what a beauty these 2 cards are dear! I like the difference in the light you obtained! And that dragonfly I just adore!

Betty J Schaub said...

Very pretty! Love the green and the coloring is awesome. Love dragonflies.

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful image Holly!! Really love the texture on your design as well!! Happy weekend!

Shawna said...

Beautiful!!! Sorry you didn't get more snow; know how much you love it!

Tammy said...

Stunning card and gorgeous colors!

Stef H said...

wow holly! this is absolutely gorgeous! it's got such a classic, almost vintage look to it! simply beautiful.

we still have piles of snow from a month ago... that's how cold its been here but we're heading for a warm up the next 2 weeks. yay. maybe puppy won't be so bored. LOL.

hugs :)

Faith A said...

WOW this is gorgeous, beautiful colouring and placement.