Saturday, March 7, 2015

Weekend crafting & cooking

Hi everyone.  I hope you are having a good weekend.  I have gotten a lot of things done today, and one of them is making these two cards.  The first one was made for the free for all challenge at Splitcoast Stampers where the challenge was to use a tree.  The tree image is one I had from Squigglefly.  


 I colored it with Copic markers and used chalk for the sky.  I don't know if you can see the bit of glitter I added, but it's there!

The second card is one I made for a friend who has done a great job losing weight.  I thought the little Shy Bear (also from Squigglefly) was the perfect thing to send her.  I computer generated the sentiment.


I have completed my cooking for the week.  We are having Creamy French Onion soup with ciabatta bread, spaghetti made with ground beef and sausage, shrimp scampi, chicken pot pie, and then one night we will have roast beef sandwiches with baked potatoes and meatballs with rice and macaroni and cheese.  The last two dinners are not ones I make ahead of time.  Tonight however, we are having Reuben sandwiches from Arbys.

4 comments:

Becky said...

You got my mouth watering with all those delicious meals you have prepared :).
Fabulous cards, love the image on that first one and love that bear on the second, nice design paper too.

wannabcre8tive said...

I love your cards, Holly. I have to say that Shy Bear is my favorite. He is just as cute as can be.

Tammy said...

Great cards Holly! Love the skinny shy bear!

Faith A said...

OH! theses are lovely Holly, beautiful papers with the first and the cutest little bear and bright papers on the second.