Saturday, April 25, 2015

Paper Ala Mode challenge

Hi everyone!  Today there is a new Paper Ala Mode challenge at the Outlawz with the theme Femme Fatale.  Rick St. Dennis is the sponsor and here is my card using 1940 Hat


Femme Fatale was a little out of my comfort zone, but I decided to just use the dictionary definition of Femme Fatale as a sort of greeting for my card.  I added some pearls and a flourish to dress the card up a bit.  

The ladies on the team made some fantastic cards though, so I urge you to go see them and to play along since there are some fantastic prizes you can win by playing.

Today I'm doing my usual grocery shopping, but I also need to do some house cleaning since I was out of town last weekend.  This place needs a good dusting!  The pollen is falling from our oak trees and the dogs are constantly carrying it in every time they go outside, so my husband and I have been sweeping daily.  Anyway, here is my menu for the week for those that are interested

Mushroom Spinach Quesadillas
Ham and Swiss Cheese Quiche
Ranch Pork Chops with mashed potatoes and broccoli
Chicken Sausage Lazone with noodles and peas
Barbecue Brisket with macaroni and cheese and baked beans
Ham Sandwiches and baked potato 

It was so helpful to have freezer meals to pull out for this week since I was out of town visiting my grandson, so I will probably double up on the Chicken Sausage Lazone and freeze one for next month and I'm sure I'll freeze half the brisket too.  

6 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Holly, Your menu sounds delicious, especially since I have not eaten yet :).
Love your card, great image.

Lenoria said...

I really like your card like this, it looks so vintage and the swirls are perfect!

wannabcre8tive said...

Very cute card. Love the image.

I wish I planned ahead like you. I am a last minute meal planner.

Faith A said...

A GREAT card, love the colouring and her ear rings LOL.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Not only is your card a yummy delight, so it that fantastic menu!

bumblebee creations said...

Wow...if I showed this post to my hubby, he would probably want to come to your house this week for dinner!! I bet that baby is growing up right before your eyes, huh? My granddaughter was born last Friday!!!