Saturday, May 23, 2015

It's hard to not use color!

Good morning everyone, and happy Memorial Day weekend to you.  I am so happy to have this extra long weekend.  I only wish the weekend would seem as long as this past week has seemed!

Today the Paper Ala Mode Challenge at the Outlawaz is Shades Of Gray.  You can only use the colors black, white, and gray.  This was really hard for me!  I found out later that we could color on the skin, but I had already colored my image so I left it.

The sponsor of this challenge is Art By Miran and the image I used is called Venus


I used a stencil on the background and just sponged some white ink on to black card stock.  I like the velvet look it gave it.  Then I added some black rose ribbon trim on the side and cut one rose off and attached it to the corner of the image.  The final touch was a bit of sparkle in her hair.  I hope you will  step out of your comfort zone and come play along with us!


2 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

This is gorgeous, Holly!!

Faith A said...

All I can saw is WOW! love it.