Monday, May 18, 2015

Star Spangled Day

Hi everyone!  What a wonderful weekend I had with my daughter and sweet little grandson.  I brought him a busy box, and he loved playing with it.  There were lots of smiles, giggles. and cuddles.  Also, I was there to see him roll over on his own for the first time!



Today I am once again happy to be guest designer at the Outlawz Greeting Card challenge.  Today's challenge is sponsored by Oddball Art Company



And the challenge is to use red, white, and blue on your card or project.  For my card I used an image called Penelope #3


I added some star embossing, and some red, white and blue star shaped buttons.  The sentiment was computer generated and I glittered the "Star Spangled" part.  I thought it would make a good card for someone who has a birthday on or near the 4th of July.

I hope you'll play along with us!

7 comments:

Linda W. said...

Oh my goodness, that little fella is so sweet Holly! And I hear you on finding THE TOY! We need more toys like the old fashioned ones that made the kids enjoy learning....not electronic ones that addict them. I love your card too dear!

jimlynn said...

Holly, your little grandson is precious! Such a cutie! So glad you had a good weekend visiting and playing with him.
Love your card too! The buttons are just the right addition to an already cute, cute card.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

What a precious little one to spend time with!! :) Very sweet!! Love your red, white and blue card!! That image is so fun and love how you've added the sparkle!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

He is just adorable! You can see how intent he is on his new toy. Sorry if he up-staged your card, but they are both adorable.

Faith A said...

My goodness hasn't he grown, it seems only yesterday you were looking forward to his arrival.
Fabulous card, love the sparkle

bumblebee creations said...

How exciting that he rolled over while you were there!! Those "firsts" are always so sweet! Love your card too, Holly!!

wannabcre8tive said...

I love the star spangled birthday card. It is pretty.

Glad you had a good visit with the sweet grandson. He is growing so fast.