Friday, May 15, 2015

Sympathy Card

Unfortunately I had to make a sympathy card for my sister in law over the weekend.  She lost her mother the Friday before Mother's Day.  Again, I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  




I got a piece of white card stock and I cut a circle out of some plain copy paper to use as a mask.  Then I stamped a background stamp over the copy paper letting the pattern come out as a circle.  I computer generated the sentiment and used a floral die cut on top.  Very simple, but so pretty I think.

I'm going to see my daughter and cute grandbaby tomorrow!  I'm bringing him a busy box to play with.  Those things are hard to find!  I couldn't believe how hard it was to locate what I was looking for.  Baby toys have changed so much - they all seem to be electronic these days.  I can't wait to see how much he's changed since I was there a few weeks ago.  Have a nice weekend!  I'll be back on Monday.

5 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous sympathy card, Holly!! Have fun with your grandbaby!

Linda W. said...

Oh I love this sympathy card - so rich looking. And thx for the tip on the mask - was wondering what stamp you had. Now, tell me how you lined up that sentiment tho! You are so lucky to visit grandbaby today!!! Many hugs!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It sounds like you and I go through the same thing with not seeing our GS for a few weeks at a time. Saw mine for Mother's day and he does whole sentences now! Enjoy your visit. As for your card, these are always hard to make, but it came out well and is very soothing in color and style.

wannabcre8tive said...

A very pretty card. Have fun with that sweet grand baby.

Faith A said...

This is such a beautiful card, I'm sure it will be well received.
Enjoy your visit and playtime with your Grandson