Saturday, July 25, 2015

Still Christmas At Paper Ala Mode

We are still celebrating Christmas at the Outlawz Paper Ala Mode challenge this week.  Our theme is Winter Wonderland and we have the optional twist of making a box card.  I love making these, and if you've never tried to make one I encourage you to watch this instructional video to see just how easy it is.

Beccy's Place is sponsoring the challenge this week, and she has so many wonderful images it was hard to choose!  I ended up getting this cute Snowman With Bird and created a box card.


It's hard to see, but the outside of the entire box is stamped with light blue snowflakes.  I added some snowflake paper to the inside flaps along with a computer generated sentiment.  The inside was fun to decorate with different snowflake dies that I added some stickles to.  I finished it off with some blue tinsel for a little more pop.

These cards pack a good punch, but I love that they can still be folded flat for mailing (completely flat if you don't go overboard and add the tinsel like me!)  I hope you'll come play with us!

Today is supposed to be a scorcher.  They have predicted a high of about 99 with a heat index of 117.  I plan on staying indoors as much as possible, although I do have lots of errands to run.  I have been out of town the past two weekends and my freezer meals are rather depleted because I haven't been home to do my usual weekly shopping and cooking.  So today I am grocery shopping and then doing lots of cooking!  Here is my menu this week

Hamburgers and baked potatoes
BBQ chicken thighs, potato salad, and baked beans
Chuck roast with potatoes and carrots
Salmon patties, spinach, and noodles
Ham Omelette and biscuits
I also plan to make spaghetti sauce and taco meat to freeze ahead of time.  Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have created a perfect frosty wonderland in a box card... Adorable!

Niki said...

Cute card. The box cards are so much fun, lots of punch in a small package.

Try to keep cool as much as possible! Too hot for me there.