Saturday, August 22, 2015

Paper Ala Mode Is Just Around The Corner

Hi everyone!  As you are reading this I am traveling to Memphis to see my sweet little grandson.  I can't wait to see him.  He has two bottom teeth and a top tooth coming in now!  I expect to do lots of cuddling and laughing the next couple of days!  

Today is Paper Ala Mode's challenge, and we have a fun challenge called Just Around The Corner.  the idea is to draw attention to the corners of your card in some way.  It can be done by folding over a corner revealing a sentiment or some pretty patterned paper, or maybe use one of the pretty corner dies or punches that out, or just pierce a design!  Whatever suits your fancy!  

The sponsor this week is Morgan's Art World, and I used the very beautiful image called Mystical Mermaid.  


I have to admit that I got so engrossed in coloring the image that by the time I started putting the card together I forgot all about the corner part of the challenge!  I ended up using a couple of photo corner punches to draw attention to the sentiment.

the image is colored with Copic markers, and I used a variety of ink pads to sponge color onto the background.  I also dotted some white dots around here and there and used some acrylic bubbles as embellishments.  If you look really closely you may be able to see some glitter on the mermaid's tail.

I hope you will come by and play along.  There's a chance to win some awesome prizes!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Beautiful colors on your lovely card Holly. So vibrant!
Enjoy that grand baby and have a safe trip.

Faith A said...

Beautiful colouring and card

Stef H said...

love the card.

take lots of pictures of grandson!

hugs :)