Saturday, November 28, 2015

Birthdays and Christmas at Paper Ala Mode

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Mine was really nice - I ate way too much!  Yesterday was kind of a lazy day making cards and watching it rain, but today I am off to do my usual grocery shopping and cooking.  If you want to see my menu for the week I will post it after the cards.

Today's Paper Ala Mode challenge is anything goes, and I made one Christmas card and three birthday cards.  I just loved the cute little Theodore Birthday Sign image from Bugaboo!  This was the first card I made with the image.  I didn't realize until later that it was a ladybug on top of the balloon, and I had colored the body of the bug blue and green because I thought it was another balloon!


Here is my 2nd birthday card with the same image.  This card is going to go to my grandson for his 1st birthday which is next month.


And my final birthday card with the same image - this one colored with pencils.  I also laid the image over a swiss dots embossing folder when coloring the letters.  It left a little texture but not what I had imagined it would do.


My Christmas card uses Make It Snappy Reindeer Trio.  The image comes with or without the sentiment, but I like having the sentiment on there for a quick card.  I think I will use this image again and add googly eyes.



My menu this week:
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Chicken Ala King with peas and rolls
Chicken, spinach and black bean egg rolls
Prairie pork chops, asparagus
Smoked sausage soup with ciabatta
Ham & cheese sandwiches with fries
Ceasar salad, baked potatoes

3 comments:

Shawna said...

They're all adorable! I love how one image can look completely different by just changing up the colors and papers.

Lori m said...

Too Cute!!!! I just love your cards, and coloring is amazing, hugs, Lori m

bumblebee creations said...

Cute cards, I can't believe your grandson is almost a year old already.....so sad how fast they grow up!!